My Busa Overhaul

Well, went to remove the swingarm last night and noticed that I don't have the allen wrench for the through bolt.

I'm selling some pieces/parts of my bike to get different ones.

Selling: Swingarm, COMPLETE rear section, mirrors, cams (IF I don't need them for core exchange), Oil pump gear (NOT HV), and the brake and clutch lines if I can find my HEL lines. I'm also up for trading.

Hit me up and see if we can make some deals happen.

More pics coming tonight so stay tuned and keep the feedback/advice coming!

Just curious, not a mechanic, certainly not an expert. What exactly is meant, in regard to a 1507 build, makes it less friendly for the street and requires additional maintenance ? Not a challenge to anyone, I'm simply curious.

To achieve the 1507 displacement, you are lengthening the stroke of the motor, with the longer stroke there is more wear and tear on the bearing's.
Basic rule of thumb the bigger the motor, equals more maintenance.
Just curious, not a mechanic, certainly not an expert. What exactly is meant, in regard to a 1507 build, makes it less friendly for the street and requires additional maintenance ? Not a challenge to anyone, I'm simply curious.

Absolutely true, the longer stroke wears the bearings. On the down stroke, during combustion, the rod jolts the bearing a slight bit. More length, more jolt....... long story short, its true :lol:

There's No Replacement for Displacement,, until,, it need's to be Repaired!

To achieve the 1507 displacement, you are lengthening the stroke of the motor, with the longer stroke there is more wear and tear on the bearing's.
Basic rule of thumb the bigger the motor, equals more maintenance.
Had a guy recently talking about a 1720 stroker, he said something about bearings, maybe replacing them every 15 runs or something.

I'm gonna guess a good 1507 will make somewhere around 215 - 220 RWHP. My question is, why not go turbo ?

Money is the simple answer to that

Had a guy recently talking about a 1720 stroker, he said something about bearings, maybe replacing them every 15 runs or something.

I'm gonna guess a good 1507 will make somewhere around 215 - 220 RWHP. My question is, why not go turbo ?

A real good 1441 with cams, and a good head on it is good for 235!

Just had a guy post up a 200 - 210 1441. I had heard they were weak and that the 1507 was better. Not an expert by any means and most people know that, but a stage 1 turbo that bolts up without doing much more than raising the tank and pulling the side fairings; I'm thinking that cost you around $6K and tunes at 235 - 250 RWHP.

What I hope you do is post up everything you did and maybe give some sort of cost, and obviously what the final outcome was. Obviously you doing all your own work reduced your cost a bunch.

Ok but what is the original motor,, a gen1 or a gen2?
Gen2's have a better fuel system but you need to add a few gen1 parts to achieve the 1507 best possible outcome.
And on the other hand, you can make one hell of 1441 gen1 that will turn heads everywhere you go!
Just had a guy post up a 200 - 210 1441. I had heard they were weak and that the 1507 was better. Not an expert by any means and most people know that, but a stage 1 turbo that bolts up without doing much more than raising the tank and pulling the side fairings; I'm thinking that cost you around $6K and tunes at 235 - 250 RWHP.

Ima keep this updated. I'm gonna be spending around $4500 for this set up, roughly, we'll know if APE ever gets back to me. With me doing all of the work, I've saved more than I would by switching to Geico! I didn't want to turbo it because I want this to also be a sleeper bike. Its being tuned in either Alb. or Farmington NM and I'll be posting the numbers the day I get them lol.

Later on, I might change the configuration and add more to it but for right now, I think I'll be MORE than content with the 1507.

I couldn't get the swingarm off last night because I don't have a socket big enought to turn into the lock nut removal tool SO I got with my friends at the stealership and they're gonna let me borrow their tools. Don't know when, but its still cool.

More updates will be coming. If anyone knows anyone at APE, please have them get back to me. I've emailed Jay and Dustin so far and haven't heard anything back.

What I hope you do is post up everything you did and maybe give some sort of cost, and obviously what the final outcome was. Obviously you doing all your own work reduced your cost a bunch.

I don't know what 1441 makes only 200-210 horse but my 1397 makes 200 plus with mild cams and it was tuned to the max because it was throwing a false rev because of the clutch switch bypass.

I got 217 on my 1441 on C16 fuel. I could get closer to 225 on other fuels.:thumbsup:

Keep your cams...you will need them for core.

I don't know what 1441 makes only 200-210 horse but my 1397 makes 200 plus with mild cams and it was tuned to the max because it was throwing a false rev because of the clutch switch bypass.

I got 217 on my 1441 on C16 fuel. I could get closer to 225 on other fuels.:thumbsup:

Keep your cams...you will need them for core.

217 on C16 brother. I don't have a dog in any fight not trying to start a fight , just trying to get the truth.

I'm planning for around 500WHP after this build. :rofl: JK, If I can make 250, I'll be extatic!

Back