My Busa Overhaul

Measure the crank! Dont go buy the block!
I found the code for the bearings on my block, but since I'm getting a new crank, do I wait to get it before ordering bearings since the code could be different? I know this is prolly a gee whiz question but I figured I'd better ask before I go ordering anything

Just had a thought. Anyone ever seen the gas tanks with the GPS mounted "on" them and it looks like its integrated into the tank? I might do that.

I've seen people do all kinds of things with their tanks. I think someone was advertising tanks like you're talking about a week or so ago on facebook. Could get messy if your GPS fails and you couldn't find one that fits. You could make the area a little larger and use some type of shroud to dress it out. :dunno:

Get your sprockets :laugh:

How far away from getting the pics up of the engine build are you ?

I run a 1397 in my gen I and for the street needed to use twin cooling fans (its hot over here in OZ) to keep the engine temperature down and I would love to know how your 1507 runs temperature wise when you finally get it built and out on the street. Have you thought about what cooling system you will use or are you going to wait to see what temp it runs at ?

I would also like to compare dyno runs as well if that's ok with you just to see what if any difference there is in HP.
We could also compare modifications made to both busa'a too.

I'm as keen as you are to get it completed its been such a great post ...great effort mate !

There are SO MANY SPROCKETS out there. I want to find some that will go with the flow of my "new" bike! :banghead: I might just get a vortex for the rear, black, and paint the fan looking things on them red to match. I don't know.

As for the GPS, I thought about that after I put that and tried to figure out a way to make it easy to change. This isn't something I'm doing tomorrow :lol:. Ima engineer that shizz.

I've seen people do all kinds of things with their tanks. I think someone was advertising tanks like you're talking about a week or so ago on facebook. Could get messy if your GPS fails and you couldn't find one that fits. You could make the area a little larger and use some type of shroud to dress it out. :dunno:

Get your sprockets :laugh:

Honestly, still a while. I am finding all my parts for the best price I can without compromising quality. Then I gotta send my parts in before I get mine. Its gonna be a minute but I promise not TOO too long.

Keep an eye on this, it will happen soon, I HATE not being able to ride and I'm stupid anxious to get it done and ride BUT I'm taking my time and doing it RIGHT.

How far away from getting the pics up of the engine build are you ?

I run a 1397 in my gen I and for the street needed to use twin cooling fans (its hot over here in OZ) to keep the engine temperature down and I would love to know how your 1507 runs temperature wise when you finally get it built and out on the street. Have you thought about what cooling system you will use or are you going to wait to see what temp it runs at ?

I would also like to compare dyno runs as well if that's ok with you just to see what if any difference there is in HP.
We could also compare modifications made to both busa'a too.

I'm as keen as you are to get it completed its been such a great post ...great effort mate !

As for everything else, this weekend SHOULD bring some great mods to my bike that will hopefully be a breath of fresh air in the bike building community. Some things that MIGHT not have been seen yet.

More posts coming tomorrow!

Hmmmm i know where you can get a second cooling fan!
There are SO MANY SPROCKETS out there. I want to find some that will go with the flow of my "new" bike! :banghead: I might just get a vortex for the rear, black, and paint the fan looking things on them red to match. I don't know.

As for the GPS, I thought about that after I put that and tried to figure out a way to make it easy to change. This isn't something I'm doing tomorrow :lol:. Ima engineer that shizz.

Honestly, still a while. I am finding all my parts for the best price I can without compromising quality. Then I gotta send my parts in before I get mine. Its gonna be a minute but I promise not TOO too long.

Keep an eye on this, it will happen soon, I HATE not being able to ride and I'm stupid anxious to get it done and ride BUT I'm taking my time and doing it RIGHT.

As for everything else, this weekend SHOULD bring some great mods to my bike that will hopefully be a breath of fresh air in the bike building community. Some things that MIGHT not have been seen yet.

[QUOTE

More posts coming tomorrow![/QUOTE]

Great to see that you are still very enthusiastic about putting this busa back together again.... just remember to breathe ok and after several hours of hard work on the busa take the time to enjoy a cold corona...(best beer in the world in my opinion!!) :thumbsup:

And where would that be?

Hmmmm i know where you can get a second cooling fan!

[QUOTE

IMO you are correct! :lol: Corona is a staple when working on stuff!

Great to see that you are still very enthusiastic about putting this busa back together again.... just remember to breathe ok and after several hours of hard work on the busa take the time to enjoy a cold corona...(best beer in the world in my opinion!!) :thumbsup:[/QUOTE]

Ok, parts are packaged and boxed up like a pro. I used absorbent pads from work to pad each part with in each box. There is NO way they are getting damaged during shipment. I also sprayed each part down with P Blaster. I love that stuff.

I also cut myself up pretty good in the process. Slit my wrist whilst trying to take the rods off the crank. Cut my knuckle open whilst trying to cut a piece of the packing tape with a razor. FML.

Anyways, tonight I'm repainting the exhaust with high temp paint. Pics will follow. I promise, you'll get more pics

D&D full exhaust... This one

100_2176.jpg

100_2177.jpg

100_2178.jpg

100_2179.jpg

100_2180.jpg

100_2181.jpg

100_2182.jpg

100_2183.jpg

100_2184.jpg

100_2185.jpg

100_2186.jpg

100_2187.jpg

Oh, and the 3M box and the box on top has the parts in it. Like I said, boxed up like a BOSS

Are you Having 2nd and 6th gear under cut while you are in there ???

This is a great suggestion and I had this done to my busa whilst the engine was out getting a full rebuild it is certainly worth doing especially with the new found power that I'm sure the 1507 is going to have !!

this is like an addicting reality show and im anxious for more updaates and pics :banghead::banghead: is it warm over there? i may ride outta this snow to come give you a hand and film this for the org :laugh: seriously though awesome thread cant wait to see whats next:thumbsup::bowdown:

I was thinking yes to this but I need to find out pricing on it before I go sending it to someone.

Are you Having 2nd and 6th gear under cut while you are in there ???

As long as it lasts longer than the original coating, I'll be happy. That didn't last a week on the headers. I figure if this doesn't work, I'll take off again and have it ceramic coated (which it was supposed to be in the first place but I don't think ceramic coating would come off with just some brake cleaner)

That grille paint will last a long time.

IF you never got WOT!:laugh:

This is true. I'm gonna look into it in about 5 minutes

This is a great suggestion and I had this done to my busa whilst the engine was out getting a full rebuild it is certainly worth doing especially with the new found power that I'm sure the 1507 is going to have !!

I appreciate it man, and I won't lie. Wouldn't mind having some extra hands sometimes lol. I'm stationed at Cannon AFB. If you come, I'll show you the gunships :thumbsup:

this is like an addicting reality show and im anxious for more updaates and pics :banghead::banghead: is it warm over there? i may ride outta this snow to come give you a hand and film this for the org :laugh: seriously though awesome thread cant wait to see whats next:thumbsup::bowdown:

So. Between $450 and $850 depending on the normal cut or the pro cut. Why is it so much just to trim the dogs?

Back