My Busa Overhaul

All the !!! makes me think ya yellin! :lol:

Here's today's 1/2 update. Next half in 4 hours...... or so..... depends on how long it takes to go shopping :laugh:

100_2155.jpg

100_2156.jpg

100_2157.jpg

100_2158.jpg

100_2159.jpg

100_2160.jpg

100_2161.jpg

100_2162.jpg

100_2163.jpg

100_2164.jpg

100_2165.jpg

100_2166.jpg

Here's the second half. Let me know what you think about what I've done so far. Also, if you have spare parts laying around, lets see if I need them and if we can make a deal.

100_2167.jpg

100_2168.jpg

100_2169.jpg

100_2170.jpg

100_2171.jpg

100_2172.jpg

100_2173.jpg

100_2174.jpg

100_2175.jpg

I just didn't like the looks of the rear section (the way it has the slightest of cut outs) looked without them......:banghead: + I spent a lot of time and Love on them :laugh:

I just didn't like the looks of the rear section (the way it has the slightest of cut outs) looked without them......:banghead: + I spent a lot of time and Love on them :laugh:
I believe there's a delete, to make it look better. You'll have to do the search brother.

Anyone got some black aftermarket rearsets or a full set of good aftermarket brake rotors?

So, I took some time to look at the mess I've made yesterday and realized that I will have a SLEW of practically brand new, slightly used OEM parts when I'm done with this build. I'll be selling them at the best prices I can so if you need something when I'm done, just hit me up.

STILL LOOKING FOR GOOD AFTERMARKET PARTS TOO!!!

Ok Hayabusa Guru's! Here's your chance to shine!

I have effectively started DESTROYING my VIN label.

Either

a) Do I need it?

b) I assume the VIN is stamped in the frame somewhere?

c) Can I get a replacement?

Unless you're trying to hide the fact that you have a stolen bike, yes. If you ever hope to register it or sell it, probably. Yes, there's VIN stamps everywhere, but I'm afraid to give you that info without knowing if your ride is stolen :laugh:

Thief :poke:

:rofl: Yes, I stole my bike, KEPT the original VIN on it without EVER trying to get rid of it, got FL to title it for me and NOW I'm trying to replace the sticker with the SAME VIN so that HOPEFULLY someday, a cop will get me. Geez.

On a side note, I found the VIN on the steering head so :tongue3:. Also, its not STEALING.... Its PROCURING! :lol:

Unless you're trying to hide the fact that you have a stolen bike, yes. If you ever hope to register it or sell it, probably. Yes, there's VIN stamps everywhere, but I'm afraid to give you that info without knowing if your ride is stolen :laugh:

Thief :poke:

$200!!!!! That was the quote from (albeit the meanest person I've met that seemed like he didn't want to sell anything) the collision center here in town!!! OMFG! :wtf: WOW! I'd rather not have the damn VIN sticker on there at all! Anyone here allowed to order them? Any collision repair or custom paint shop can get them.... :1zhelp:

Your Vin is stamped on the neck for the frame, you dont need the sticker!

I found the code for the bearings on my block, but since I'm getting a new crank, do I wait to get it before ordering bearings since the code could be different? I know this is prolly a gee whiz question but I figured I'd better ask before I go ordering anything

Back