My Blue 08

Texas Boy

Registered
Just got done adding a few mods. I have been lurking around this site for a few weeks and got some great thoughts on this bike. Although it is my third Busa over the last 8 years, this one is much more refined than my '00 and '02. Hopefully my picture comes out, but in case it doesn't I have added some slip-ons, Heli bars, and a gel seat.
The bike runs great with no flat spots and the pipe sounds great, not too loud.

Ride Safe
J

DSC_0028.jpg

Congrats and welcome! That blue looks very nice. What else you got planned?

The Heli bars are very easy to install. They took about 30 minutes to put on and yes you can tell a difference. I don't sit near as far forward and they are a little wider. I am six foot, and the reach is great now. I don't have much else planned for this bike. It is fast enough for me and runs so smooth, I am afraid I may screw something up. My older '02 I put a full system and a PC2 on it, but it never was as smooth as stock. It might have been a little faster, but not worth the loss of smoothness in the lowerer RPMs. I would like to put a TRE on it, but I kind of enjoy the gear indicator, and from what I have read, you loose that feature. I don't reallly check the gear indicator much, but it is kind of neat to have.

Here is kind of a neat picture I took of the front. I am using it as a screen saver.

DSC_0019.jpg

Sideswipe - I don't notice any change in seating height with the gel seat, but it is firmer. I bought the slip-ons through Pipe City and paid around $850 for them. That included shipping.

DSC_0020.jpg

Can you post a close up picture of your Helibars, please. I'm from the UK and not sure whether I can get these here!!! P.S like your cans
ThumbsUp.gif

Cheers. Patrick

Back