My Bikes are Disappearing

No problem pulling now:overlord: nice wheels good luck with it I love the Cummins in the Dodge:beerchug:

Very sharp truck. I ordered my first cummins new in 98. It could have been a twin to yours. A white extended cab short bed 4x4. :beerchug:

You needed to trade the ZX-11 just to cover the diesel costs for the Dodge for a couple months. :whistle: Between that & your new boat...your local gas station is going to love you :laugh:

Sweet set-up ....now go buy a Prius! :lol:

Nice trade up Michael! I've been thinking about trading mine in or selling it and getting a newer f250 lately. It will be hard to do if I do decide to bite the bullet and do it though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You needed to trade the ZX-11 just to cover the diesel costs for the Dodge for a couple months.

Why? What does diesel cost in America?

Where I live, diesel typically costs 15 cents per litre more than petrol. Given how economical diesel engines are, a diesel vehicle is far cheaper to run than a petrol vehicle, especially if you're towing or carrying heavy loads.

Diesel is higher here too. Locally, its about 2.95 per gallon and petrol is 2.55 for the 87 octane.

i bet your titan wouldve pulled it ok... Titans are nice trucks but so is your new dodge! :beerchug:

Just got myself a nice 08 Tundra yesterday :thumbsup:

Nice trade up Michael! I've been thinking about trading mine in or selling it and getting a newer f250 lately. It will be hard to do if I do decide to bite the bullet and do it though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What year F250 you looking at? I have an 07 and absolutely love it.

OK. So, a diesel should still be much cheaper to run than a petrol.
The stealerships do sting you on servicing costs, though.

Overall, yes, the diesels are cheaper to tow with. That is the reason I purchased mine. And yes, the dealers do charge for maintenance. But I change my own oil, 80.00 versus 120 at the dealer. There are some things that I will want them to do because I dont have the tools, but I dont mind wrenching on own ride.

Overall, yes, the diesels are cheaper to tow with. That is the reason I purchased mine. And yes, the dealers do charge for maintenance. But I change my own oil, 80.00 versus 120 at the dealer. There are some things that I will want them to do because I dont have the tools, but I dont mind wrenching on own ride.
I get the stealership to do everything, since it's still under warranty, but I know where you're coming from.

Have you tried using biodiesel? I mix 4 litres of corn oil/sunflower oil in with every tank of fuel; my injectors are like new!

Back