My bike and I are ready

sleepless_red

The artist formerly known as "sleeper_red"
Donating Member
Registered
My goal is for her to reach 100,000 miles before she turns 5 on September 27 of this year so I made sure that she got the supplies that she needs.:thumbsup:

Also, my kids will be spending a month in the Philippines starting June 15. I have two weeks off while they're gone so I will take advantage of that opportunity to do as many Iron Butt rides as I can. Hopefully, the weather will allow me to do so.:please:

If I can't do 1K mile rides within 24 hours, I'll be happy with 500-800 miles.:laugh:

By the way, I've been using Avon Storms for more than 70,000 miles but since these PR2's are like $70 cheaper, I thought I'd give them a try.

e8a72ee9.jpg

Thanks, everyone. I was talking to my buddy this morning and we've decided to go to Thousand Island Park on our first Iron Butt ride. Will keep you posted.

Make sure you let us know how the tires handle and what kind of mileage you get out of them. I've been on Avons since the factory ties went away too, and I get around 6K miles out of a rear and maybe 7K out of the front.

You've got the oil and filters but I'm thinking you'll need another tire or two when you decide if you like them or not. Have fun and be safe.

That's some crazy amount of mileage you can do. I don't know how you can do so many miles, my knees hurt after 4hrs of riding.

Make sure you let us know how the tires handle and what kind of mileage you get out of them. I've been on Avons since the factory ties went away too, and I get around 6K miles out of a rear and maybe 7K out of the front.

You've got the oil and filters but I'm thinking you'll need another tire or two when you decide if you like them or not. Have fun and be safe.
I will let you know.:beerchug:
That's some crazy amount of mileage you can do. I don't know how you can do so many miles, my knees hurt after 4hrs of riding.
It's the love of the sport, I guess.:thumbsup:
Some of my friends and family think I'm nuts when they've heard that I did 1,205 miles at one time. Some of them told me they can't even do it in a car.:laugh:

Thanks. Will do.:beerchug:

Make your way down to Raleigh for a Weekend.. Lets make some Plans!!!

Make your way down to Raleigh for a Weekend.. Lets make some Plans!!!
We'll see how things go. Will let you know.
stay safe!
Thanks!!!:beerchug:

Good luck sir and be safe. Still the best looking Busa around.
Thanks!!!:beerchug:

Red where did you get those rims? Very nice
Thanks!!! Here's the info.
CARROZZERIA USA INC - PRODUCTS PAGE - MOTORCYCLE AFTERMARKET WHEEL MANUFACTURE MAKERS OF THE TRI-R VTRACK V TRACK V7R FORGED WHEELS

It's the love of the sport, I guess.:thumbsup:
Some of my friends and family think I'm nuts when they've heard that I did 1,205 miles at one time. Some of them told me they can't even do it in a car.:laugh:

Oh I don't think you are nuts, if my knees didn't hurt after riding that long I'd do it also :thumbsup:

Back