My best friend....serial killer?

You were left no choice... He reached out as what he did was weighing heavy on him and he trusted you to do the right thing and stop the pain he was feeling.

Yes, sounds like you did it right. Out of curiosity, were the victims just "innocent" people or were they something like drug pushers, etc?

wow! i thought this was a joke! as all have mentioned, u did the right thing. sorry u've lost a freind, but on the other hand, u have closed a chapter for the victims families

Unfortunate, Cooperate with the F.B.I. and whatever you do, don't lie to them about anything.The F.B.I investigated a freind of mine in the 80's, at first I didnt want to tell them anything, a lawyer told me to think otherwise, my friend understood.

My friend owned a mortgage company. Looonnngg story short, government mortgage funds were "misplaced" not stolen.

Once the F.B.I. was pacified, all worked out well for everyone. Sorry for your situation.

When the F.B.I first called me, I thought it was a crank call and gave them a rash of sh*t :whistle::laugh:

Good thing the agent took it well:please:

Last edited:
I believe the man who has been my best friend all my life killed at least 2 people in the mid 1980's when we were teenagers. Doing a little research I find that these 2 murders were linked to a series of 8 total murders in that time frame. He reached out to me in a moment of weakness and all but confessed.

The decision of what to do next wasn't a hard one for me. I contacted the FBI this morning.

I'm pretty sure our friendship is over now, which really sucks. He's a brother to me. :(

This is unbelievable...

What's the problem?

Last edited:
Doing the right thing is always best. Laws and morals keep society as good as expected. Some things fall through the cracks and money makes some look the other way. Your decision prevented future wrongs.

I believe the man who has been my best friend all my life killed at least 2 people in the mid 1980's when we were teenagers. Doing a little research I find that these 2 murders were linked to a series of 8 total murders in that time frame. He reached out to me in a moment of weakness and all but confessed.

The decision of what to do next wasn't a hard one for me. I contacted the FBI this morning.

I'm pretty sure our friendship is over now, which really sucks. He's a brother to me. :(

You not only did the right thing, you did the only thing.

Last edited:
If your talking to F.B.I. consult a lawyer ASAP. You may end up being a witness in court/etc.

So your botherered by the fact you wont be friends anymore??? bro,your friendship was all built on lies ,he wasnt true to you all those yr's. Fk him,he deserves what he gets if he is guilty.I wouldnt think twice about it.

but Im sure your dealing with alot of emotions right now,dont regret what you did,it was the ONLY thing to do.

once he told you, you had no choice. the friendship may or may not be over. it depends if he is still the same person he was 20 years ago or has he changed. if he has changed then who knows what the future may hold.

good luck and whtch your back until this is settled ???

I spoke with the county sheriff in the affected jurisdiction last night. Turns out my buddy has been a blip on their radar since 1987. There seems to be some meat behind all of this, unfortunately. :(

I spoke with the county sheriff in the affected jurisdiction last night. Turns out my buddy has been a blip on their radar since 1987. There seems to be some meat behind all of this, unfortunately. :(

Be aware of what you are saying/asking. Most likely notes/recordings are being taken.

The day could come when they say "Rev said this" and you are on the stand. Please consult with a lawyer ASAP :please:

Last edited:
Yes, I am a police officer, but we both went our separate ways in 1990 and contact with one another became less and less frequent over the years. Around 1987 he was getting a little strange and quirky, but we were both kids and I just assumed it was normal. Hindsight being what it is, I can now see some signs that he was struggling.

Man, that is a rough situation. Becareful, but I have to agree you had no other choice. Stay strong. I also believe he told you because he knew you would do the right thing. So although he might be upset, in the end I am sure he will forgive you and you will be able to sleep at night knowing you did the right thing. If you need to talk hit me with a PM, bro.

Back