Golf cart + 10yr old boy + best friend =

captain

Dis in my way!
Staff member
Administrator
Golf cart + 10yr old boy + best friend =

sized.jpg

Lot of tears on this one... The boys were out riding around in the cart being boys, my son let his friend drive, he thought he was in go mode and he was in reverse mode... Backed right into the shop, they manned up and went and told the grandparents they had knocked a couple of pictures off the wall and put a small dent in the metal...

My dad called me and told me the boys were still crying because they thought I would be angry with them... My dad reminded me of the time I drove the lawnmower full speed into the side of his car...... I laughed a little alone and shared that story with the boys... Both are very remorseful about it all, they got a lesson on courage and accountability as they both faced up to what they had done and took complete responsibility...

A great learning experience...

Cap.....

sized.jpg

Hahahaha,,sorry 'bout the workshop,,but I remember more times than I care to when 'I' was the one that 'did' something,,hahahaha:rofl:
Good boys to admit they had an 'accident' , and that's exactly what it was,,

Sorry to hear, Doug...but kudos to the boys for manning up to it.

Next you can have some bonding time while they help pull that out. LOL

Or just have 'em "back into it" from the inside. :laugh:

My best childhood friend had some good philosophy. "It aint nothing that money wont fix"

Thanks for sharing Doug. It brought back memories of when I was about 15 and washed my Nova in the front yard. My brothers best friend left his 70 1/2 Z/28 in the driveway and went to the beach. My foot slipped off the brake and I slammed the side of his car. Back then, we didnt have cells, so I had to deal with this for 3 days waiting on him to return. He laughed and said "I wanted to get it painted anyway". I cried like a little baby that entire weekend.

The boys did good, we already pulled the metal off and used a screw jack to bend the doorframe back. My son thought it would be okay to let his friend drive, he got talked into believing that his friend had been driving for a long time.. You know how it is when you were 10...

Safety first bare foot in a golf cart alone !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My son has been driving that golf cart since he was 5, he knows what he can and can't do.. We just added one more to the list....

My dad being the great sport that he is called the boys up when we were almost finished and told them to go take the golf cart out to the pasture and practice. He wanted to show them that they weren't in trouble, that he trusted them and he didn't want them to feel defeated over it...

As punishment my son has to draw a golf cart over the hole on the metal and put his name and the date on it...

Just another trophy...

cap

:thumbsup:great story....

mine was when me and my son got new dirt bikes and went for a ride...on the way home he went down on the railroad tracks that crossed were we had to cross...i stoppped and ran back he had this look on his face he was in trouble...i looked at him and said..."you ok...he said..im ok...i said well its just a part of dirt bikin...a huge smile appeared on his face...i'll never forget it...

As punishment my son has to draw a golf cart over the hole on the metal and put his name and the date on it...

that will be good for a lot of smiles through the years :laugh:

great job on manning up Tristan!! that is always the right thing to do :beerchug:

Well, I think you should reward them for owning up to it.

Congratulations, Cap: you've raised a good kid!

I am very proud of him... He didn't want his friend to get in trouble so he took all the blame... After serious interrogation the truth came out that he wasn't driving after all. His friend is a little closer now and he knows that dad and grandpa are pretty understanding.

I am very proud of him... He didn't want his friend to get in trouble so he took all the blame... After serious interrogation the truth came out that he wasn't driving after all. His friend is a little closer now and he knows that dad and grandpa are pretty understanding.

Even more impressive! :thumbsup:

Boys will be boys!

But however, i think a good lesson was learned here!

Responsibility is a valuable lesson to learn. You have agreat boy there Doug.

My 14 y/o took his little "girl" friend for a ride on the 4 wheeler. There was a wedding going on at the church up the road. They road up to see what all the fuss was about. Upon seeing it was just a wedding, he decided to back out of the drive. What he didnt do was follow one of my rules about looking in the direction you are traveling. What he didnt know was a lady drove up behind him and had stopped about 3 feet away. Put it in reverse, didnt look and backed right into the lady's front end. He is still paying the $800 in damages back..$10 a week allowance.

He manned up after a good cry. I was proud of him as i am sure you were of Tristan for taking responsibility.

My dad would have said, "Are you sorry you did it, or are you sorry you got caught"? Most of the time I was sorry I got caught.

Back