My best friend....serial killer?

Rev. 6:5

Registered
I believe the man who has been my best friend all my life killed at least 2 people in the mid 1980's when we were teenagers. Doing a little research I find that these 2 murders were linked to a series of 8 total murders in that time frame. He reached out to me in a moment of weakness and all but confessed.

The decision of what to do next wasn't a hard one for me. I contacted the FBI this morning.

I'm pretty sure our friendship is over now, which really sucks. He's a brother to me. :(

Sometimes a best friend helps his homie even if it seems like betrayal. You did him a favor because his mind was racked with guilt. By discussing it with you, he was asking you to tell the authorities. Be confident in that fact and what you did as right.

Morbid humor on: If you want a ghost writer for the book, let me know. Morbid humor off:

Him coming to you was his way of letting it out......you did right, and he knows it.

Mind-blowing, I'm sure. Hope you find the 'good space' with all of it.

So, why do you think the Friendship is over? He needs your friendship more than ever now ! Just Be There for Him ! And remember your talking about something that happen 20 plus years ago. He just might be a changed man now and needs your help !

Dude that is heavy.
I would be wondering why he didn't pick you too.
I think you did the right thing.
Best of luck, and prayers to you and him.

That would be mind blowing if its all on him. I don't know how I would react?!? Here for you either way. If it was him the others are right the victims family members should know.

He must have saw you as a good friend and knew before he told you what you would do. You are a good friend and he knows that, be proud of your decision and know your friend came to you for a reason.

before everyone jumps to conclusions without knowing the depth of his friends involvement, so far it's just a thought of guilt, not the conviction of his friend. you did the right thing rev, and as stated, it takes more of a friend to do the right thing than to face the other way. if his guilt is true, he still needs your friendship.

A VERY hard choice to make. If he wanted to keep hiding and running from his past he wouldn't have talked to you about this. It seems weird that someone woulld "want" to go to prison but if you can do what he says he did... very sad

Be careful Rev,

I don't know if this friend is still a free man right now but if he is he may be having doubts about telling you or hinting to you about what he did. If he is guilty and confused right now he may want to eliminate anybody that knows what he did and it sounds like you're the main person right now. If he didn't do this and he's trying to take credit for these killings (there's a physiological disorder for this but I forget what it is called right now) he may still be dangerous to you because of the potential mental illness.

Either way just watch your back because people like this are very unpredictable. Sorry if it seems like I'm bashing your friend without knowing anything about him but I wanted to get that warning out there. You did the right thing without a doubt.:bowdown:

Last edited:
I believe the man who has been my best friend all my life killed at least 2 people in the mid 1980's when we were teenagers. Doing a little research I find that these 2 murders were linked to a series of 8 total murders in that time frame. He reached out to me in a moment of weakness and all but confessed.

The decision of what to do next wasn't a hard one for me. I contacted the FBI this morning.

I'm pretty sure our friendship is over now, which really sucks. He's a brother to me. :(

if I am not mistaken you are a cop correct? He told you for a reason if this is the case. you did the right thing.....

Back