Mustang Fox Body Parts, 1987 to 1993

GoldenChild

DID HE REALLY SAY THAT?
Donating Member
Registered
Anyone have any cool mustang 5.0 parts they might want to trade for stuff fro their bike or sell for cheap..looking for 1987 to 1993 fox body only parts...

Please send pms only.. thx

Anyone have any cool mustang 5.0 parts they might want to trade for stuff fro their bike or sell for cheap..looking for 1987 to 1993 fox body only parts...

Please send pms only.. thx

i have a regular fuel injected intake and a gt40 intake ill look around and see what else i have. The gt40 intake is a huge improvement over stock and is better than most aftermarket intakes. I think my dad has a set of the good heads but all depends on how far your going in performance and if your staying fuel injected

i have a regular fuel injected intake and a gt40 intake ill look around and see what else i have. The gt40 intake is a huge improvement over stock and is better than most aftermarket intakes. I think my dad has a set of the good heads but all depends on how far your going in performance and if your staying fuel injected

No disrespect, but the GT40 intake isn't much better than stock. Any of the aftermarket intakes that pull from idle to 5500rpm aren't much better either. Put a Trick Flow Track heat upper/lower or an equivalent that's rated from 1500 to 6500rpm and watch your little 5.0 come to life.
A cam with equal lift on intake and exhaust. And a 190lph fuel pump, as the stock pump(even with stock pressure regulater on fuel rail)can't pump enough fuel to the stock engine.
With full exhaust, stiffened chassis and some 295/50/15 street slicks and it's night and day over stock.
Easily into the high 12's for little money.
Sorry to threadjack, as all my parts are gone.

No disrespect, but the GT40 intake isn't much better than stock. Any of the aftermarket intakes that pull from idle to 5500rpm aren't much better either. Put a Trick Flow Track heat upper/lower or an equivalent that's rated from 1500 to 6500rpm and watch your little 5.0 come to life.
A cam with equal lift on intake and exhaust. And a 190lph fuel pump, as the stock pump(even with stock pressure regulater on fuel rail)can't pump enough fuel to the stock engine.
With full exhaust, stiffened chassis and some 295/50/15 street slicks and it's night and day over stock.
Easily into the high 12's for little money.
Sorry to threadjack, as all my parts are gone.

5.0 magazine rated the gt40 as flowing more than the trick flow and edelbrock systems but it doesnt matter on my end a 460 is going in my fox body haha just have parts laying around lol from buying up a couple motors, one of the 5.0's are going into our 67 ford wagon with just light mods not trying to make big power out of it.

5.0 magazine rated the gt40 as flowing more than the trick flow and edelbrock systems but it doesnt matter on my end a 460 is going in my fox body haha just have parts laying around lol from buying up a couple motors, one of the 5.0's are going into our 67 ford wagon with just light mods not trying to make big power out of it.

It flowed more at a lower rpm, but the 5.0 is still pulling hard when those 5500rpm limit intakes choke them out.:beerchug:

Keep it coming guys I'm listening... card pm me a list of stuff you got and some prices..

good info sixpack

Keep it coming guys I'm listening... card pm me a list of stuff you got and some prices..

good info sixpack

Do you have a goal/direction you want to go, 1/4 mile time, top speed, handling, ect?
What do you have? If I remember correctly it was late 88 models in CA and 89 everywhere else before the fox bodies went to mass air. The old speed density was as fast stock, but couldn't handle any modifications. It's an easy upgrade if you don't have mass air already.
Strut tower brace, subframe connectors and upper lower control arms(preferebly the on the car adjustables)are really a must and will make a noticeable improvement to a stock car.
Ballpark of 300hp before you really need to go up from the stock 19lb injectors to 24's, or 30's if you've got the motor.
Roughly 400hp before 3"exhaust. Even stock does well with 2.5" though.
Aluminum driveshafts are cheap. Add 3 to 4 degrees of timing at the distributor. They also perform well with an adjustable timing set where you can advance or retard 4 degrees.
If you have a 5spd and haven't noticed yet, you'll never bang 3rd gear with the stock shifter, they're junk.
Electric fan and 160 thermostat will get you running a few degrees cooler.
A 351 windsor will drop in easily(they're about an inch wider) and just about anything for the f.i. 5.0 is available for the windsor too, heads, intakes, exhausts. My friend has 408 windsor with a 3spd auto and 4.88s in an 8.8 axle with 31 splines. Street legal, 295/50/15 tires...spinning pulling the driver's front tire about 6 inches runnin 5.80s in the eigth.
Beware, these cars are money pits! They're hard to break and you can never afford to go fast enough!:laugh:
Like the above mentioned, there's alot of cheap bolt-ons that really wake these cars up.
There's also programable ecu's available that make them easy to tune by a competant dyno tuner.
Spike tv's hp tv had a fox with a 347, aftermarket heads, aftermarket lower intake, 8 or 8.5 to 1 compression, ect. A 350ish crank hp engine(if it had higher compression). They put a single Hellion turbo on and ended up with almost 1000rwhp, and well over 1100 on 110 octane. Extremely impressive for such a simple setup, and a testiment to how great these cars really are.
Good luck with your project.:beerchug:

victor jr and a quick fuel , way cheaper then all the efi stuff. :) well that is what my 347 has :laugh:

afr heads work very well for sbf's go with the 185's or bigger. depending on your cam and comp.

Car has a 347 in it but waiting on the rest of the particulars. has stock upper and lower intake with a stage one cam of some sort... i'll likely pull it down once dyno or i find out all the specs... A tuneable ecu on a mass air car would be cool. I have had some fast stuff in the past but when buying a car done you sometimes have to go backwards and fix their combo to get most out of it... If you have misc parts around definitely send me a pm. i'm willing to trade some car parts for busa parts you could use..

victor jr and a quick fuel , way cheaper then all the efi stuff. :) well that is what my 347 has :laugh:

afr heads work very well for sbf's go with the 185's or bigger. depending on your cam and comp.

Carbs are cool if car already has carb, but that might be going backwards at this stage..

Gonna be a street car that may see the strip a bit too. consistancy is more what im looking for really..

Car is a Mass Air Car so thats out the way. Suspension will be setup good down the road with all you said and a bit more...

3 inch exhaust on car already, wont pass emissions as it sits. some things were left stock owner says but i'm gonna check thru it..Electric fan and big 4 row rad done, so sure thermostat likely done... i'm trading one of my bikes for it, so it will be a project of a different type so that's okay...

Money pit i'm sure,that is why i got out of cars in beginning but oh well, they were fun..

Do you have a goal/direction you want to go, 1/4 mile time, top speed, handling, ect?
What do you have? If I remember correctly it was late 88 models in CA and 89 everywhere else before the fox bodies went to mass air. The old speed density was as fast stock, but couldn't handle any modifications. It's an easy upgrade if you don't have mass air already.
Strut tower brace, subframe connectors and upper lower control arms(preferebly the on the car adjustables)are really a must and will make a noticeable improvement to a stock car.
Ballpark of 300hp before you really need to go up from the stock 19lb injectors to 24's, or 30's if you've got the motor.
Roughly 400hp before 3"exhaust. Even stock does well with 2.5" though.
Aluminum driveshafts are cheap. Add 3 to 4 degrees of timing at the distributor. They also perform well with an adjustable timing set where you can advance or retard 4 degrees.
If you have a 5spd and haven't noticed yet, you'll never bang 3rd gear with the stock shifter, they're junk.
Electric fan and 160 thermostat will get you running a few degrees cooler.
A 351 windsor will drop in easily(they're about an inch wider) and just about anything for the f.i. 5.0 is available for the windsor too, heads, intakes, exhausts. My friend has 408 windsor with a 3spd auto and 4.88s in an 8.8 axle with 31 splines. Street legal, 295/50/15 tires...spinning pulling the driver's front tire about 6 inches runnin 5.80s in the eigth.
Beware, these cars are money pits! They're hard to break and you can never afford to go fast enough!:laugh:
Like the above mentioned, there's alot of cheap bolt-ons that really wake these cars up.
There's also programable ecu's available that make them easy to tune by a competant dyno tuner.
Spike tv's hp tv had a fox with a 347, aftermarket heads, aftermarket lower intake, 8 or 8.5 to 1 compression, ect. A 350ish crank hp engine(if it had higher compression). They put a single Hellion turbo on and ended up with almost 1000rwhp, and well over 1100 on 110 octane. Extremely impressive for such a simple setup, and a testiment to how great these cars really are.
Good luck with your project.:beerchug:

Car has a 347 in it but waiting on the rest of the particulars. has stock upper and lower intake with a stage one cam of some sort... i'll likely pull it down once dyno or i find out all the specs... A tuneable ecu on a mass air car would be cool. I have had some fast stuff in the past but when buying a car done you sometimes have to go backwards and fix their combo to get most out of it... If you have misc parts around definitely send me a pm. i'm willing to trade some car parts for busa parts you could use..

Holley and Trick Flow make good heads/cam and intake packages.
400+crank hp easy on a 347.

ditch the stock intake, cam and all above if it is a 347, let that baby breathe!! what heads are on it ? it is already set up with 3 inch exhaust so what size primary are the headers? try to shoot for 1 3/4 primaries if possible,then you are set up for better upgrades later down the road. 1 5/8 are restrictive and you are already maxing them out probably. good luck and post pics of big burnouts :)

Mustang GT 3rd Gear Burnout - YouTube[/url] this is mine from my wedding day :) i wasn't drunk either like the one guy says, i hadn't started at that point . that came later started in 2nd not first like it sounds like either, i fail sometimes

Last edited by a moderator:
Holley and Trick Flow make good heads/cam and intake packages.
400+crank hp easy on a 347.

i have been reading that same thing. Car has a stock hood so I need to see if the car has RR's in it as they usually require taller valve covers. If so then manifold will need to be spaced up and then i gotta get a small cowl hood and paint. I'm thinking that may be why stock plenum is still on it..

i haven't finalized the deal yet, car is supposed to be delivered this next week or maybe late tomorrow evening..

i'm sure lots will get ditchhed, i looked at single turbo hellion's today,:laugh:

i can see it now, gonna start selling off most of my bike stuff and go back to working on cars again...

I would love to see 650-750hp street car convertible with A/C. I would be happy :cheerleader:

ditch the stock intake, cam and all above if it is a 347, let that baby breathe!! what heads are on it ? it is already set up with 3 inch exhaust so what size primary are the headers? try to shoot for 1 3/4 primaries if possible,then you are set up for better upgrades later down the road. 1 5/8 are restrictive and you are already maxing them out probably. good luck and post pics of big burnouts :)

Mustang GT 3rd Gear Burnout - YouTube[/url] this is mine from my wedding day :) i wasn't drunk either like the one guy says, i hadn't started at that point . that came later started in 2nd not first like it sounds like either, i fail sometimes

Last edited by a moderator:
Back