99 Ford Mustang....Project

Here's that 65 I did. I built a complete wire harness to get everything to work. As far as I know this is probably the first 65 with an LS in it.

2C7B6483-EE66-403B-816F-AECC8274AD5D_1.jpg

E03331AB-94C2-4D56-9A65-D08FC7735017.jpg

B6C753F8-5F56-4E60-B854-AD123865E276.jpg

Looks GREAT! :beerchug: I'm not a fan of the LSx swaps in the Stangs but they do run good when setup right! :thumbsup:

I think what i am going to do is build the current v6 motor up for twin turbos. After further research it seems it can make stupid power that way. Obviously drive components will need a steep upgrade as well as ecu fuel etc. But it seems 500 hp isnt out of the realm of possibility with this old girl:) Anyone have experience of heard of this being done?

I think what i am going to do is build the current v6 motor up for twin turbos. After further research it seems it can make stupid power that way. Obviously drive components will need a steep upgrade as well as ecu fuel etc. But it seems 500 hp isnt out of the realm of possibility with this old girl:) Anyone have experience of heard of this being done?

With the newer v6 I have. A lot of people I know like the v6 idea for better handling. Not to mention even in older cars there are a lot of performance parts becoming available for i6 engines. Definitely wouldn't be like every other v8 stang. But don't be surprised if it cost more in the long run.

My 2 cents, but if your goal is speed then dump the v6 platform and start stronger. If the goal is just to make something unique then the TT v6 will certainly fit though.

I had a '99 v6 stang that I had all sorts of plans to make fast (from cold air to engine swap). A mechanic friend advised me to dump it and buy a v8 so next year I traded it in on a 2000 GT. After $4k and an ATI ProCharger I still never felt like it was 'rediculously' fast which is what I was shooting for. That's when I sold it and replaced it with my '07 Hayabusa. I haven't looked back since... :)

Either way sounds like a fun project though. Good luck with whatever you decide!

Gonz

PinkyWinky is a member here, but not active for some time. He has a turbo 6 and it is stupid fast.

Back