Mustang Fox Body Parts, 1987 to 1993

I have a 91 for sale

26988456-345-91-Mustang-Convertible.jpg

u can fit tall covers under a stock style intake so u won't need a cowl unless u want one. My friend has a trick flow intake no spacer with rr's and a girlde with tall covers . Just sucks you need to pull the upper intake to do any valvetrain work.

u can fit tall covers under a stock style intake so u won't need a cowl unless u want one. My friend has a trick flow intake no spacer with rr's and a girlde with tall covers . Just sucks you need to pull the upper intake to do any valvetrain work.

yeah saw some guys having issues with trick flow plenum with spacer being used for tall covers..

As said, you don't need an intake spacer for tall valve covers, and most roller rockers don't need tall covers.
The spacers are supposedly good for a few hp. You can't use the intake spacer with a 3 point strut tower brace though(connects to top of each strut and to the center of the firewall). The intake then hits the brace. The aftermarket strut tower braces have to be custom fabbed to clear. No biggie, just an fyi.
A strut tower brace does make a big difference in fox bodies too. It's nice to be able to go around a corner in your street/drag car and have the car feel stable. You'll need all the help you can get in a 750hp convertible!
I've seen half that hp blow a fox body's sunroof 3' in the air on a hard launch!
They're basically a 225hp lunchbox...they've got a little flex.:laugh:

LOL, blowing the sunroof out lunchbox is correct.. Nitrous junkie was building some fast cars back in our hometown but he disappeared.. I'm waiting for owner to return from camping and see if we can finish the deal up..

As said, you don't need an intake spacer for tall valve covers, and most roller rockers don't need tall covers.
The spacers are supposedly good for a few hp. You can't use the intake spacer with a 3 point strut tower brace though(connects to top of each strut and to the center of the firewall). The intake then hits the brace. The aftermarket strut tower braces have to be custom fabbed to clear. No biggie, just an fyi.
A strut tower brace does make a big difference in fox bodies too. It's nice to be able to go around a corner in your street/drag car and have the car feel stable. You'll need all the help you can get in a 750hp convertible!
I've seen half that hp blow a fox body's sunroof 3' in the air on a hard launch!
They're basically a 225hp lunchbox...they've got a little flex.:laugh:

Nice Car, what you asking for it? hopped up at all?

Asking $4,000
auto
4:10 rear
Mac shorty equal headers, off road h-pipe
msd ignition

things wrong: cracked windshield (thanks winter)
OD slips
crack in the convertible frame
a wire is grounding that pops the fuse for the radio,inter light, door buzzer

open for trades

Asking $4,000
auto
4:10 rear
Mac shorty equal headers, off road h-pipe
msd ignition

things wrong: cracked windshield (thanks winter)
OD slips
crack in the convertible frame
a wire is grounding that pops the fuse for the radio,inter light, door buzzer

open for trades

Nice car, all the auto trannys were junk in those too. So no suprise it's slipping.
Still worth the money.

sixpack577 said:
Nice car, all the auto trannys were junk in those too. So no suprise it's slipping.
Still worth the money.

Aod/aode/4r70 is one of the best autos made. they are deff a better starting point than the manuals in those cars.

May have missed it where someone else said it but make sure the torque boxes have been welded up or get them welded up asap, the axle tubes should be welded in a jig and braced, some good subframe connectors, good k member, and a cage. I wouldn't run a strut tower bar, they don't clear much of anything and just one more thing in the way. Find a chassis shop most of this stuff is light work for them.

Aod/aode/4r70 is one of the best autos made. they are deff a better starting point than the manuals in those cars.

You said it...a starting point. Build it, sure, it'll hold up up great. Stock, I've yet to see one hold up with minor engine mods when it gets run hard on a regular basis(as it should);
Can't argue the stock 5spd either, they won't handle too much extra hp, or alot of stock hard driving . I've seen many of them break too.
Fox 5.0's are in my opinion one of the best cars ever made, and were very impressive in their day.
It's great that all you need is a 4 cylinder shell and you can build the rest of the car from the aftermarket.

May have missed it where someone else said it but make sure the torque boxes have been welded up or get them welded up asap, the axle tubes should be welded in a jig and braced, some good subframe connectors, good k member, and a cage. I wouldn't run a strut tower bar, they don't clear much of anything and just one more thing in the way. Find a chassis shop most of this stuff is light work for them.

The strut bar can be a pain, because it can get in the way.
It is however a cheap and noticeable handling improvement for a fox body driven on the street.
If you've got the money for a full cage through the firewall to the k member, then no, I wouldn't worry about it.
+1 on the k member.

OD was my fault. I was doing like 125+ for a few miles. Not good to run it long with that rear. I have a trans cooler that I was going to replace the stock one with... just never got around to it.

Post some pics of the car Daniel

Deals not settled yet, and car needs detailed... owner just got back from montana. may happen this weekend

How are you man? any progress on your cars?

shoot me some pics,email listed below in sig..

Hope all is well...

imagejpeg_2_12.jpg

imagejpeg_2_13.jpg

imagejpeg_2_20.jpg

That car has a lot of the Saleen stuff on it, check the vin to make sure it's not a Saleen... :beerchug:

Got-Busa? said:
That car has a lot of the Saleen stuff on it, check the vin to make sure it's not a Saleen... :beerchug:

does saleen keep a registry, its should come back as a a regular gt right?

Back