Music in helmet

Wag

Evil Demon Busa Rider
Donating Member
Registered
When listening to your tunes on the road, music selection is very important. You have to match it to your riding conditions. In the example mentioned earlier, Pantera is a good bit of music to listen to when you're on the dance floor or riding twisties. But on the freeway? Nearly guaranteed to get you a ticket.

If you're riding the freeways, I highly recommend Bach's, "Well-tempered Clavier" as played by Glen Gould. Converse to the Pantera selection, a couple of hours of Bach will guarantee that you'll never get a ticket. Never mind that it'll take you twice as long to get there.

If you're riding around town on surface streets, something somewhere in between is suggested. If you're a 70's or 80's kid, use Styx or Def Lepard would be an excellent choice. Other generations, you get the idea.

Don't ever listen to country music when you ride. In fact, country music probably never gets listened to out on the open motorcycle road. At least, nobody will admit it. For one thing, country music automatically reduces the horsepower of your bike by 82.6123%, changes your full-face helmet into a skull-cap beanie-style helmet and causes fringe to sprout out from the elbows of your leather jacket. Lots of chrome will appear on your bike if you listen to country music while riding and your bike will most likely develop a curious rearward tilt to it. It could be said that people have listened to country music at some point along the way while they were riding but they took so long to reach their destinations, the surveyors gave up and went home so we may never know. The same applies to some music by ZZ Top. Be cautious and only select good songs by ZZ Top if you listen to them out on the road.

Pop music is not matched up to any road or any bike. There are a handful of posers out there who will use pop music while riding, however, they are merely attempting to get up the nerve to ride by listening to something out of their comfort zone and only for long enough to get to the nearest bike night alive and in one piece. Even these riders won't admit to what music they have in their headphones.

Show tunes? For people on bicycles.

Riding the canyons HARD, demands a great band like Pantera, Rob Zombie, Judas Priest, Marilyn Manson, AC/DC, Korn, Disturbed and various carefully selected songs from Pink Floyd's, "The Wall."

A note about Pink Floyd. If you listen to the entire CD, "The Wall," while riding, you run the risk of severe depression. Note the case of one Jason R. Higby, 43, who was found last August sobbing next to his parked GSXR1000 out in the middle of nowhere. Yup. You guessed it. His iPod had "The Wall" playing in an endless loop. The only reason he was rescued was because out there, there are no cliffs off of which to ride your bike if you wish to kill yourself so he just rolled on, slower and slower until he ran out of gas. He's doing much better now, but please folks: Use your computer to be carefully selective about which Pink Floyd songs you use on the road.

Anyway, listening to hot music in the canyons has been known to shave a lot of minutes off your times in the twisty roads. Give it a shot sometime. In fact, here's an experiment for you. Have one of your buddies listen to something by the Bee Gees while you listen to Godsmack or Nine Inch Nails. Betcha you have to go back and get him and that you find him weaving back and forth acoss the lane screaming out, "Tradgedy!" inside his helmet. Be prepared to light him back up with some U2 at the very least.

Bottom line is, make sure you stay connected to your roads using the proper music selections. Your rides will be all the better for it!

--Wag--

WAG.......You know what I listen to!
biggrin.gif

I couldn't agree more about your tunage selections... and I listen to new country at work all the time, I wouldn't do it on my BUSA though... maybe on a hardley
smile.gif

Nice post Wag and I'm with ya, but my 13 year old National Champion BMXer says "bring it" and he'll bust your arse listening to show tunes on his ipod.
tounge.gif

Nice post Wag and I'm with ya, but my 13 year old National Champion BMXer says "bring it" and he'll bust your arse listening to show tunes on his ipod.    
tounge.gif
LMAO! Tell you what. I'll pit my Bach against his show tunes any day!

biggrin.gif

Talk about smoothing out your ride . . . .

--Wag--

OK Louis sounds like a challenge to me....next time we hook up I'll put up my NEW country music against anything that you want to listen to
wink.gif

Hmmmmmmmmmm. I'll have to give the rap some thought.

--Wag--

Back