Best riding music ?

Unfortunately, the old pea brain does a random search of the archives of the last 40 years of listening to music.  I might have the lastest Disturbed going through my head on the freeway, "Smooth Operator" in the twisties, or trudging home from work it might be..."At the Copa...Copa Cabana...the hottest spot..AAAAAH!!!

When I'm riding hard I don't hear anything except engine and like VA said, those little voices in my head..."lean, LEAN!...brakes, Brakes, BRAKES!! straightaway, OKGAAAASSS!shift,GAAASSSS!
...throw in a couple of "oh sh*ts" there...

...then that little voice saying "see, you made it...pucker factor isn't so bad!"

:bounce:

Carl Orff's O' Fortuna. From Carmina Burana. That's great...

"Any Given Sunday". Great movie. The chapter of the final game kick off has some nice tunes. I wish I knew the name of that song. Anyone?

Carl Orff's O' Fortuna.  From Carmina Burana. That's great...

"Any Given Sunday". Great movie. The chapter of the final game kick off has some nice tunes. I wish I knew the name of that song. Anyone?
Can't remember the song in that scene...sing me some notes of it, will ya?!

:D

Metallica who else? I listen to about anything on long trips but around town on the twisties I like the dual drone tune..

Here are a few i personally prefer:

War - Low Rider
ZZ Top - La Grange
George Thorogood - Bad To The Bone
Joe Satriani - Satch Boogie
Jimi Hendrix - Voodoo Chile (Slight Return)
Dio - Rainbow In The Dark
Pantera - 5 Minutes Alone
Pink Floyd - Another Brick In The Wall (Part II)

It's all in the attitude :devil:

Oh and i forgot something.

Hi' I'm Caine, 100% newb, just looking to learn more about the allmighty Busa before i buy it. Don't mind me, i just pop in every now and then and occasionally lay down a rant.

I cant imagine having music playing while I am riding a motorcycle
No way, too much to pay attention to while on the road.
Even in a car, if I am going fast I want to hear my motor & be alert for anything that may come into my path.
Slow & safe in the car, then trapped comes to mind.

Tried to listen to music while riding once....my zone is best achieved with no such distractions. Tend to miss gears and find it hard to judge speed into turns not to mention other safety issues. If music could actually help you ride better why don't they pump it into the helmets of the Yates, Mladin? I guess having the title of seasoned pilot or OOOOOOOO below your avatar does not really make you wise motorcyclist. Say what you want, not a wise decision.

In my head only or sometimes I sing or humm, :cool: Saliva, AC/DC, SRV, Disturbed ( oooh wah ah ah ah! ) , Various Classical tunes, Steppin Wolf - ...Born to be whyyyyyld! :bounce:

Prodigy
Linkin Park
Dirty Vegas
BT
Delierium
Filter
Hybrid
Lo Fidelity Allstars
NIN
P.O.D.
Rage Against The Machine
TATU
Chemical Brothers
Crystal Method
Live
Etc. etc.

(I LOVE MUSIC!!)

Prodigy
Linkin Park
Dirty Vegas
BT
Delierium
Filter
Hybrid
Lo Fidelity Allstars
NIN
P.O.D.
Rage Against The Machine
TATU
Chemical Brothers
Crystal Method
Live
Etc. etc.

(I LOVE MUSIC!!)
Damn looks like you sorta stole my music collection...but hey I have over 80Gigs of mp3s. So most everything is in my music collection...

Actually I really have not listened to music while riding.  I tend to need to hear and feel what is going on.   Same as some of you.  when driving I get a lot of instructions on what is going on from the seat of my pants.  I have to be able to FEEL what is going on.  On the bike there is a lot of feel involved but yeah I gotta hear the motor and the tires...

Carl Orff's O' Fortuna.  From Carmina Burana.  Folks if you haven't heard this bit of music you owe it to yourself, Crank it up nice and loud as your suiting up or in your helmet as you start twisting the throttle open...  Truly a spine Tingling bit of music if you can open your mind and let some Classical in...

Lyrics to O' Fortuna..

English Lyrics

O Fortune,
changeable
as the moon.
you are always either improving
or deteriorating.
Detestable life
at one moment thwarts
and at another
mockingly indulges the mind's desire
melting away
both poverty and power
like ice.

Vain,
monstrous Fate,
you turning wheel
you can, when you will,
destroy bad circumstances
and delusive success alike.
Veiled
and shadowy,
you attack me too;
now at your whim
I bare my back
under your assault.

You, Fate, who dispose
health and strength
are now against me;
my desires
and my weakness
are in constant slavery.
At this hour
without delay
let all pluck the string;
let all lament with me
how the brave man
is crushed by Fate.
Revlis, do you do Enigma??  Their latest studio album [Screen behind the mirror] is based on O Fortuna and is pretty cool.
http://www.amazon.com/exec....s=music

hmmm, the Amazon clips don't show 'em but it's all over the CD
I'll have to check that out, seriously, thanks man...

Back