MR12 Ignition timing

Aly Kabil

Registered
Hello Everyone, i am running brock's map for MR12 on PCV and i flashed my ECU by Woolich on my Gen2 busa with stock ignition timing, i want to ask if there will be any gain from advancing or retarding the stock timing fro the MR12? i know for pump gas 95 or 98 here in Poland i can advance 4 to 5 degrees but what about MR12?

am running the 1/4 in 9.44 with MR12 on a normal asphalt track here in Poland

Mr12 is 87 octane. I would say stock timing would be the best. If you can get the bike on the dyno and you could play with timing and see if you can anything. That would be the safest and best way to see if the bike wants or doesn’t want timing in it.

Mr12 is 87 octane. I would say stock timing would be the best. If you can get the bike on the dyno and you could play with timing and see if you can anything. That would be the safest and best way to see if the bike wants or doesn’t want timing in it.
So there are no known rules for the MR12 timing

Hello Everyone, i am running brock's map for MR12 on PCV and i flashed my ECU by Woolich on my Gen2 busa with stock ignition timing, i want to ask if there will be any gain from advancing or retarding the stock timing fro the MR12? i know for pump gas 95 or 98 here in Poland i can advance 4 to 5 degrees but what about MR12?

am running the 1/4 in 9.44 with MR12 on a normal asphalt track here in Poland

Glad someone’s still running 1,320’. :thumbsup:

Yes really.

What about it? As others have said there’s no definitive answer to that. Put it on the dyno and keep adding it in until it stops gaining power. Or can add it in and make a pass, and see when you stop gaining mph.
So the rule with the MR12 is to add time not subtract I mean to advance not retard...right?

So the rule with the MR12 is to add time not subtract I mean to advance not retard...right?
There’s no rule, you just have to give the engine what it wants. Generally the point of running race fuel is to run more ignition to in turn make more power. However, I’ve run less timing and made more power too with some fuels.

To the OP, I think the general consensus is that the bike actually needs to be tuned. One of Brock's fuel maps isn't good enough on its own. While someone is tuning the fuel curve, they can play with the timing. Until then, if you just flash in X degrees on the ecu, you haven't done anything.
ok i understand now

Back