Moving Air Sensor ???

Busa Bill

Donating Member
Registered
I had read somewhere that moving the air sensor on the air box to the air duct would make a differance is this true ? and if so does anybody have that thread or a link to this info. Whould this prevent false readings maybe ? another Question is buy doing a air box mode do you lose or gain anything .I have a 04 LE w/full race hindle sys. , PC3usb , pair mode and a Ivans smart tre.and had it dynoed , would it be benitficial for me to do a air box mode ? and move the sensor?
I dont race ,well some times & love the twisties.
This site is way to cool !!

Thanks.

I haven't run into any posts about moving the air sensor yet, but does the Smart TRE really make a big difference in overall running? I'll let you know if I find out more air sensor information. I'll go look now.

Yea I noticed a big Differance in shifting and throttle response for sure . The smart TRE has some type of a chip to compinsate for the idle . mine works fine never had the standard Tre which they say the idle fluctuates .

It will not help if you have an 02-05
or if you use a PC3 or no PC3
only if you use a PC2
Nothing like misinformation

You probably read it on Fastsjonny's website.....

Here's the link but I believe I would go with what JC says......

Also....if your busa is mapped correctly, you don't need a TRE....smart, dumb or otherwise.....
Other than to remove the top-end restriction and you shouldn't need that on public streets....my .02

Thanks for the info.guys . I think I'll move the AITS sensor only and not a air box mod then. everyone kept saying do it but wasnt for sure thats why I asked .

no you should do the oppisite, do the airbox mod and leave the sensor where it is. The airbox mod will help alot but you will need to get it remapped probably

Thanks for the info.guys . I think I'll move the AITS sensor only and not a air box mod then. everyone kept saying do it but wasnt for sure thats why I asked .
why do I even post
1zhelp.gif

Johnnycheese replys :why do I even post .

Why did you say that ! is it because ralnsplder reply?.or what I replyed ?

Full exhaust, air box mod, PC3 mapped no need to move sensor. Now what to do with the crankcase vent line going into airbox? Some say cut about 5inches up from the crankcase and leave it and then you have the schnitz guys that sell the crankcase vent filter? Tom Veltune said not to put the crankcase filter on but recommends cutting the line about 5 inches and let it hang un connected to the airbox,,,,,,,,,what say you Johnny Cheese?
rock.gif

Sorry JC if i offended you some way but the way I read your return was if I had a 02-05 none of it would make a differance. write now I'm in the middle of my airbox mod and at a stand still untill some one gets back with this matter I have . I have removed the airbox it on the bench for cutting. Instead of leaving the vacume control module , vacume damper and the vacume trans mitting valve as fast johnny explanes I am removing these components off the bike. the problem I having now is there was another type of electronic selanoid attached to that bracket that holds the damper and vacume controller to the fram and it has a small port like a vacume port at the bottem is there or not a vacume hose to this .I have looked everywhere for a hose not connected and dont see one anywhere ,so should I leave it open or do I cap it off ? and I guess the sensor thats on the airbox w/a vacume line and Electrical Conn.ection I still use ,and also the AIST sensor Connection too correct.

Does anyone know what Fast Johnny mite be talking about here.?

hi Busabill,

You could try now WITH the tre, using the 5th gear settings, in combination with those +5 you have added.
I should not do that to Mid and High if the bike is running okay in that range.

Your idle is a little high, but that brought me on another idea. When you have the serviceswitch connected (under the humb on the left side), you can see some information on your digital dash. One is the setting of the sensor on the inlets, which is more then once the reason that the bike is not running nice.
The sensor is at the left side of the inlets, you can see it as a black thing, connected to the inlets with those special 'philips-screws'.
With your idle around 1300rpms I think the sensor will show you a 'high' on the dash, which should be a 'mid'. When you do not understand what I mean, try searching the forums of suzuki-hayabusa.org, I am sure you will find something about it.
I would suggest an idle of around 1200rpms. Not lower because of the oilpump.

About the vacuumline, I have heard that before, but I know only the bike I have done it on and the bike I have now; both have the situation as mentioned.
But, a vacuumline must be capped off, never leave a line open!

Good luck,
Jan.

Back