Sensor move

race24x

Registered
I searched for this mod but could not find . I am looking for a link on where and how to move one of your sensors from the airbox to the ram air tube it was supposed to help a flat spot . Can anyone help me out on this I am working on the Busa right now so I am doing some of the mods

I don't know the link off hand, I will look, but I read through it and it is easy. Just pull the sensor off the airbox and plug the airbox hole (obviously). You will need to splice some wire into the sensor wires because they will not reach. The run it to the RAM intake tube towards the front of the bike and they recommended putting it on the top or side of the tube to minimize water getting on it. Just drill a hole in the intake tube and put it in.... It sure seemed easy in the description I saw. Again, I will take a look. However, it did not sound like it helped a lot either. That's why I decided against it....

Good luck and post results!

Check-out Fast Sjonny's web page under modifications...

AITS sensor mounted on left RAMAIR tube.

Its not an Air FLOW Sensor. The Haybusa doesnt have an airflow sensor. Its the Air Intake Temprature Sensor ( AITS ) that sometimes needs to be relocated because of the poor original placement ( where it can pick up engine heat ).

Its not an Air FLOW Sensor.  The Haybusa doesnt have an airflow sensor. Its the Air Intake Temprature Sensor ( AITS ) that sometimes needs to be relocated because of the poor original placement ( where it can pick up engine heat ).
Yes you are correct. It should be moved most of the time. As heat builds up on the engine block you get false reads. the hootter the engine and the hotte the weather whala, bad reading. Also the higher the performance the more heat, after a while you need to move everything, fuel pump etc. away form the engine. I moved my sensor right under the front faring in fromnt of the radiator. The fuel pump will be going in the hump.

Back