Movin' On Up!!!!

Congrats.. I wished the AF promotion system was more like our sister services.. this whole test only stuff is for the birds!

Yeah, my brother is Retired Navy and said the tests suck. If you don't get picked up on one, you have to go back and do it all over again the next time. Thank you too for your service.

I second this opinion, although (as a retired LTC), I'm a little ticked that a personal appearance promotion board would expect this of you or anyone else. Maybe your 1SG could have a little talk with the company commander about making that trip up with a little "RST" (As a former Company Commander (USAR), it's what I'd have done). In either case, the extra pay that comes with the promotion will make it up in short time. Congrats for showing some initiative!

That's the thing about it, my BN didn't really expect me to do it. They thought I would back out and wait for the next on. My CSM said afterwards that he was impressed. I don't mind spending a little to make more for my family. My Unit will make it up some how. There will be a day or two when I need to go do something and they'll tell me to go have fun. They have in the past. It all works out in the end regardless. Thank you also for your service. It's Soldiers like you that help pave the way for the rest of us.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Ok. AGR. Yes, you will be fine and now I understand the consolidated board. It will work out. Take care of those TPU soldiers who may find themselves in the same boat but without anyone rooting for them and even less financial resources. Trying to manage people who you may only actually get your hands on one weekend a month who are spread out at those distances is definitely a challenge. My Brigade went from one state to four and the travel was very time-consuming, and face-to-face personal contact is critical. Congrats!

Back