Movin' On Up!!!!

badazgtp

Registered
I went to my E-6 Promotion Board on Friday and passed. Thought my nerves were going to get the best of me, but I pulled through.The chitty part about it though, was I couldn't get any orders cut to go, they claim no funds available, so had to pay for the 680 mile over night trip out of pocket. It was worth it though. After the board, my CSM came out and said that it made a good impact on the board members to make the trip on my own. It showed that I really wanted to get promoted. Gotta spend money to make money I guess. Just waiting on my orders now so I can get my SSG pinned on. I am so freaking happy:D:D:D:D

Congrats! :cheerleader::cheerleader: 3 more to go and you will be at the top of the pile :thumbsup:

Wow! U must be in the NG to ride 680 mikes to go Tdy to a promotion board without orders. That's dedication. I'm the 1SG for my unit and damn I'm impressed with u, newby SSG. Congrats to your upcoming promotion.

Congrats and thank you for your service and length of time you have put in!

---
- Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congrats.. I wished the AF promotion system was more like our sister services.. this whole test only stuff is for the birds!

I believe I told your lovely and very proud wife congratulations on her FB page, but I will say it to you also. CONGRATULATIONS!!! :beerchug:

Wow! U must be in the NG to ride 680 mikes to go Tdy to a promotion board without orders. That's dedication. I'm the 1SG for my unit and damn I'm impressed with u, newby SSG. Congrats to your upcoming promotion.

I second this opinion, although (as a retired LTC), I'm a little ticked that a personal appearance promotion board would expect this of you or anyone else. Maybe your 1SG could have a little talk with the company commander about making that trip up with a little "RST" (As a former Company Commander (USAR), it's what I'd have done). In either case, the extra pay that comes with the promotion will make it up in short time. Congrats for showing some initiative!

From a SNCO, congrats on your promotion selection and keep looking ahead to the next one. Not sure about your education background, but education will play a huge role in your selection from here on out.

I am AGR in the USAR. Our new BN is in the nest state over. My former BN is deployed right now, so we have to fall under these cats while they're gone. Worked out good though, The CSM is really cool and a down to earth kind of person. Thank you for your service.

Back