Mounting A Hugger

mercury06

Registered
After cutting the fender away to mount the undertail ...whew...(it was not as bad as I thought.) I need some advice on mounting the hugger. It looks like the mounting bolt holes are opposite from the swing arm and the brake line mounts will need to be grinded off. I really dont like the idea of drilling into the swing arm for the mounting bolts. I am hoping they sent the wrong one. I will know for sure once I get the tire off but the weather has been so nice I dont want to take the bike apart until the weekend.

any pictures ? mine went on fine, no grinding, i did drill 4 small holes to mount it to the swingarm.

Well, I just orderd my 2nd hugger.  The first one only lasted a few hundred miles until it met the rear tire and got all torn up.  The problem with the first one was that I didn't want to drill holes in the swing arm, so I used velco.  Needless to say it didn't work.  I ordered the first one from 58cycle, I think it was a lockhard phillips.

LPHugger.jpg

This is the new one on order, by Puig, can't wait until it gets here on Monday, except I will be out of town and will not be able to install it until the following weekend.  
PuigHugger.jpg

Any experience on the Puig hugger???

no experence with the puig, but it looks fairly easy to install using the chain guard bolt holes on the left side. not sure about the right side.

Here is a pic.  Hugger was ordered from Piteck on ebay.  Customer service must be staffed by mentally handicapped children.  I have been trying to get the instructions and hardware for over a week and get replies "well, uh, ok"

DSC02412.JPG

The left side looks simply enough... what does the right side look like? Here's the left side of my Roca:
hugger_inst1.jpg

(BigGeorge @ Dec. 09 2006,08:07) The left side looks simply enough... what does the right side look like? Here's the left side of my Roca:
hugger_inst1.jpg
I had that same hugger (different color). It took me every bit of 5 minutes to put on. There was no cutting, drilling, etc. On the other side of the hugger there are two pre-drilled holes. Do a search on huggers and you will see mine.
D-

(mercury06 @ Dec. 09 2006,07:36) Here is a pic.  Hugger was ordered from Piteck on ebay.  Customer service must be staffed by mentally handicapped children.  I have been trying to get the instructions and hardware for over a week and get replies "well, uh, ok"
I am not 100% sure that hugger is for a busa. Most of them use the chain guard bolts on the left side of the bike.

As far as the right side goes, some wrap around the arm like shown above, and others you have to drill a small hole or two.

The way the mounting holes look on that hugger in your picture, it appears that the holes wouldn't line up with the chain guard holes. They are on completely different planes.

Hope that helps.

(Cuffee @ Dec. 09 2006,11:13)
(BigGeorge @ Dec. 09 2006,08:07) The left side looks simply enough... what does the right side look like? Here's the left side of my Roca:
I had that same hugger (different color). It took me every bit of 5 minutes to put on. There was no cutting, drilling, etc. On the other side of the hugger there are two pre-drilled holes. Do a search on huggers and you will see mine.
D-
Yep! The install was a snap!

(thebbbusa @ Dec. 09 2006,11:22)
(mercury06 @ Dec. 09 2006,07:36) Here is a pic.  Hugger was ordered from Piteck on ebay.  Customer service must be staffed by mentally handicapped children.  I have been trying to get the instructions and hardware for over a week and get replies "well, uh, ok"
I am not 100% sure that hugger is for a busa.  Most of them use the chain guard bolts on the left side of the bike.

As far as the right side goes, some wrap around the arm like shown above, and others you have to drill a small hole or two.

The way the mounting holes look on that hugger in your picture, it appears that the holes wouldn't line up with the chain guard holes.  They are on completely different planes.

Hope that helps.
Good observation! I didn't notice that. Here's some pics of the left side of my hugger and I think you're right, BB.

hugger13.jpg

hugger11.jpg

I think you guys are right. This does not look like the correct hugger to fit on the bike.

Did you remove the back tire to put your huggers on? I also like the Puig carbon fiber look much better. I guess I have another wall decoration for my garage, no wonder they say all sales are final and dont make sense with e-mail replies and have no phone numbers.

Back