Hugger mounting questions

A'Busa'd

Donating Member
Registered
I got my carbon fiber hugger today. It's a nice looking piece. It has two holes on the chain side that correspond to the stock chain guard mounting holes. Pretty straight forward for that side. On the other side there are no holes. For those of you who have installed huggers, did you have to drill holes in the swing arm to install yours? Also it looks like it would be pretty tight drilling without removing the right can. Did you have to remove yours?

8251_2.jpeg

Mine was pretty straight forward.  It had holes on both sides of the swingarm and use the factory bolts to secure it.  I have since removed it since I went with a different chain guard. You can see where mine connected on the upper part of the swingarm below the passenger rearset.

<!--EDIT|BigBSBusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1123107717 -->

Baby_J___6.jpg

When I blow up the pic, it looks like it just hooks around the upper strut of the swing arm. Is that correct?

Mine has a lip that wraps around the swing arm support on the right side of the bike and uses the old chain guard bolts on the left. There is a total of three bolts on the left side that hold it on and none on the right.

Mine was pretty straight forward.  It had holes on both sides of the swingarm and use the factory bolts to secure it.  I have since removed it since I went with a different chain guard.  You can see where mine connected on the upper part of the swingarm below the passenger rearset.
Where did you get that incredibly comfy looking seat!

its a tobin seat, do a search for tobin you will find plenty on it, i want to get his seat too, looks awesome!

I have a hugger on mine. It uses the existing chainguard bolts on the left side and it wraps around the swingarm on the right. No drilling required.

Back