Hugger

OB_Dirty Pete

Registered
Cisco yes it is a one piece hugger and chain guard, and yes you have to drill holes to mount it.

It takes two 1/4 inch holes on the left upper swing arm brace and one on the right.

You have to tap these holes or use coil threading...I did the latter.

You also have to plug (with bolts) 2 of the holes that are used to hold on the stock chain guard because they are not used with this hugger.

And no, I didn't like turning my sub frame into a swiss cheese, but there seem to be no ill effects.

Is there anyone out there that has or knows where to get a hugger for the Busa?

Short and sweet :-)

Have a great Christmas all.

KawAbuser you have seen both huggers. Is the carbon F one strong enough? I have the heavy built, hand-laid up fiberglass FSMD one and I know it'll take my abuse.

Will carbon F handle hits from rocks and stuff thrown into it from the inside by the tire? Will it take the violent whacks of 100 mph pot holes? Since the hugger is screwed directly to the swing arm and must accept all the hits and flexes of the subframe, this would be of concern to me.

BTW the FSMD hugger does fit my 200 tire perfectly.

DP did you have to drill the swing arm to install the Hugger and is it like my older 89GSXR where the chain gaurd and rear fender was all one piece?If you had to drill any pilot holes for the screws how many holes did you drill?Thanks

Back