Mounting A Hugger

Got the Puig hugger, spent about 10 minutes messing with it just now. The holes for the chainguard are all good, but then I got to the other side and don't see where I'd bolt the hugger to. I really hope I don't have to drill holes, wasn't planning on putting a drill near my bike!! It's bedtime, I'll check it out tomorrow night.

What's the purpose of the hugger? Is it just to keep crap from hitting the undertail?

(ToyKraz @ Dec. 15 2006,09:30) What's the purpose of the hugger? Is it just to keep crap from hitting the undertail?
I think that, and for looks. So far the carbon fiber look goes well with my Yoshi RS-3 carbon fiber slip ons.

I'm having a helluva time getting the PUIG to line up. They give you brackets for the right side of the bike, I can get it bolted up, but you adjust the bracket up and down the bar on the swingarm. If I go on the low side, the hugger touches the tire. If I bring it up, it looks fine, but then the front part of the hugger starts touching the frame and eventually pops out by the brake line. Very odd... after an hour I gave up and might do a little trimming on it tomorrow to give it more room.
guns.gif

I don't have any experience with the Puig, good luck with the install.

Hey Merc, you need to figure out what bike that goes to, and sell it on Ebay.

I think its all set.... And I might have been thinking it was going on incorrectly, but it really was fine. But I want to email PUIG direct and ask to verify. Basically the right side near the brake lines is where I thought I was doing it incorrectly, the hugger wanted to go and rest up on the swingarm and was right up against the brake lines. When I did that, the hugger was perfectly straight and fit around the tire just right. I was taking it off and away from the swingarm, and then it was all crooked. Here's some pics from this morning's install. So far so good, now that I am fairly certain the hugger does need to rest on that part of the swingarm.

rightside-upclose.jpg

rightside2.jpg

rightside1.jpg

leftside-upclose.jpg

leftside1.jpg

Thanks for the update, I will be putting mine on this weekend when I return home. I appreciate the pictures, now I know what to look forward too.

Well, after Christmas chaos is slowing down, I had the chance to install my PUIG Hugger.  It took about 10 minutes.  It bolts up, no holes to drill and on the right side, it uses a bridle around a support to make sure the hugger is held securely.  Unlike the L&P hugger I had previously which used velcro and ended up coming lose and rubbing the tire, went up in smoke.  Of course after the install, I had to take it for a test drive to see how it made my bike faster.....

BEFORE
DSC03205.jpg

THE PARTS
DSC03203.jpg

INSTALLED and After a little Ride
DSC03250.jpg

DSC03249.jpg

DSC03251.jpg

There ya go! I might take off that bracket and get it powdercoated over the winter, but otherwise the Puig gets two thumbs up for me.

Back