MotoGP technology

It's the flux capacitor!
laugh.gif

(BlondeOnaBusa @ Jun. 13 2007,08:08) It's the flux capacitor!
laugh.gif
Damn, we think JUST alike! As I was scrolling through, that's what I was thinking, but then I realized I'd have to Google how to spell it, hard to Google if you don't even know how to spell, etc etc and so on...

Glad you have access to the brain today Dawn!!!
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

(Lamb busa @ Jun. 13 2007,00:29) OK  Here's a real guess!  Some engineer found that the 175 degree operating temperature of the tire warmers was warming up the water inside the radiator 5-10 degrees or so and by moving the air coming off the warmers it didn't warm the radiator water as much.  Or it's there to cool the bike stand!  You wouldn't want the mechanics burning their hands would you?
My guess: there's heat coming off the tire warmers, and if there's no fan to push the hot air, it just goes straight up into the cockpit. Then it probably circulates up and out towards Hopkins and the mechanics. Wonder if there's a picture of the back of the bike? Should be a fan there, too.

Does GP use heaters to warm up the coolant and oil before engines are fired up in a race?And if so,could the purpose of the fans be, to pull heat away from the machine.Seen Nascar use this.Engine is never fired when cold.

Maybe, but it still looks way too far away to suck any air, except that just behind it, which means it would be doing virtually NOTHING. It's a real brain teaser to me
wink.gif

(bitabur @ Jun. 13 2007,14:31) Maybe it's to keep the tire warmer from melting the front fender?
NOPE!!

Again, I have tire warmers and they DO NOT RADIATE any heat. It's very confined to the inners of the warmers/tires and won't even heat up the fender.

Thanx for playing.....
beerchug.gif

Maybe its so highly tuned that it needs a good flow of air into the Ram air inlet just to get the mixture close enough to Stoichiometric perfection to light the fire.

Hey it could happen!
laugh.gif

I found this pic on Suzuki's MotoGP website, and they have what appears to be a hair-dryer looking thing blowing on the side of the bike.  Just adds to the mystery, I guess ...

Tires.jpg

[Editing out my mistaken belief that "The front stand is NOT in use, because the handle is up."]

So, I'm still stumped!

(VaBusa @ Jun. 13 2007,05:36)
(BlondeOnaBusa @ Jun. 13 2007,08:08) It's the flux capacitor!
laugh.gif
Damn, we think JUST alike!  As I was scrolling through, that's what I was thinking, but then I realized I'd have to Google how to spell it, hard to Google if you don't even know how to spell, etc etc and so on...

Glad you have access to the brain today Dawn!!!  
laugh.gif
Ummm....yeah thats it .....I have access to the brain.

biggrin.gif

laugh.gif

Just a guess - maybe it keeps the extra electronics on a race bike (telemetry, video cams etc.) cool while sitting in the heat?

Lamb is stumped on the first pic Charles, but that second pic is definitely a small air conditioning unit keeping the throttle cold! Not too cold.....just a lil!

Before I even looked down to the red circle... I saw the girl w/ the black hat on and answered the question:

"She's obviously there to hold the umbrella & look good!"

As for the little blue box.... no friggin clue.

Back