Used to be a SoCal Busa
Donating Member
Registered
eek2.gif
eek2.gif
eek2.gif
eek2.gif
eek2.gif

IT does say reportedly, but if it turns out to be true....
John Hopkins Signs With Kawasaki For 2008
by dean adams
Tuesday, July 10, 2007
American John Hopkins has reportedly signed a letter of intent with Kawasaki's MotoGP team for 2008. Hopkins had once professed that he wanted to spend his entire career with Suzuki--ala Kevin Schwantz--but that sentiment has seemingly passed.[/Quote]

eek2.gif

eek2.gif

eek2.gif

eek2.gif

Hopkins Bails on Suzuki

Money, Monster advertisements, more money and Monster and money . Saying doubt if Kawasaki showed him an engine package he could not refuse . So be it just please , not Melandri as replacement  
tounge.gif

Off topic . When will Suzuki drop the V-4 bomb on the AMA ? Next year , year after ? I doubt they are working on that valve train design without wanting to recoupe some money .

so....

they finally get him a bike that's competitive and he jumps? ok........

the money must be good, I hope.

(shortBoarder @ Jul. 10 2007,12:26) so....

It seems a weird time for him to dump Suzuki.

But he is 4th in the championship with a personal sponsor, Monster, which allows him to probably be well paid.

Nicky makes 3million, I'm curious what Hopper is gonna make...

Hey Charles, are you the Charles from Lakewood whose tire question was published in the "Ask the Geek" section of the August Sport Rider?

(fsusux @ Jul. 10 2007,19:18) Hey Charles, are you the Charles from Lakewood whose tire question was published in the "Ask the Geek" section of the August Sport Rider?
Yup!!!

I haven't gotten my mag yet
pissed.gif

Can't wait to see how it came out
cool.gif

It was one of those wierd moments.  While reading it I kept thinking gosh that style sounds so famliar, then I get to the bottom and see the name and city and thoght 'Hey I know that guy!" (sorta).  Congrats on being published!
beerchug.gif

bowdown.gif

(fsusux @ Jul. 10 2007,19:26) It was one of those wierd moments.  While reading it I kept thinking gosh that style sounds so famliar, then I get to the bottom and see the name and city and thoght 'Hey I know that guy!" (sorta).  Congrats on being published!
beerchug.gif

bowdown.gif
Thanks
beerchug.gif

I hope they answered my question about heat cycles...
tounge.gif

beerchug.gif

super.gif
hellz yeah to Charles in Sportrider!!

oh yeah....John who?
rock.gif
? I'll be pissed if the reports are true of him leaving Zuk. But it sure is that time of year for Silly Season. Lots of contracts are up at the end of this year. Colin edwards. where do you think he's going? I think if he doesn't get signed with Yamaha, he may well be back to WSBK

Never was a big Hopkins fan in the first place but it is peculiar that he is leaving having never won a race? Wonder what happens with Chris V. now? His contract is also up at year end. I will wretch if Melandri replaces Hopkins on the Suzuki! God I'd love to see Spies get his shot on the Suzuki though! Jorge' Lorenzo seems to be the one name flying all over the place this silly season! I have heard rumors of him riding for everything from Kevin Schwantz' new Suzuki squad to teaming with Rossi at Yamaha! Which would leave Edwards out in the cold. Toseland, Hodgson and Even Bayliss are oths rumored to be talking about going to (or back to) GP's!

Let the Silly season roll!
beerchug.gif

(Charlesbusa @ Jul. 10 2007,18:58)
(shortBoarder @ Jul. 10 2007,12:26) so....

It seems a weird time for him to dump Suzuki.

But he is 4th in the championship with a personal sponsor, Monster, which allows him to probably be well paid.

Nicky makes 3million, I'm curious what Hopper is gonna make...
I can understand following the money and all....but he's been suffering with Suzuki for years - now with the 800cc bikes he's finally making a show of things...and he jumps to Kawi? He must really like the struggle.
rock.gif

(bigoltool @ Jul. 11 2007,02:18) God I'd love to see Spies get his shot on the Suzuki though!
Now thats a great idea !

Yank Hopkins off  for the Laguna race and give Ben a ride  
beerchug.gif

Roger Lee and Miguell are getting rides so why not ?

Besides , Hopkins can't decide if he is American or not it seems to me . What alot of hoopla about being English at his " home race "  in Britain  
laugh.gif

(Devil Dog @ Jul. 11 2007,06:52) Yo Charles......Here's to you making it in SportRider Mag......    
smileyexhibit.gif
Hey now, no need to be flash'in me
crazy.gif

Thanks, I'm still waiting for my mag to show up in the mailbox.
beerchug.gif

(Charlesbusa @ Jul. 11 2007,10:flamethrowing:)
(Devil Dog @ Jul. 11 2007,06:52) Yo Charles......Here's to you making it in SportRider Mag......    
smileyexhibit.gif
Hey now, no need to be flash'in me  
crazy.gif

Thanks, I'm still waiting for my mag to show up in the mailbox.  
beerchug.gif
Whats the deal with the Late Sport Rider? I have been waiting patiently for a week for mine to show up Ever since Nathan posted that article!

Spies should be given a chance to ride GP!!

If Hopper ever came back to race AMA Superbike, I'll bet he'd get smoked by Spies and Mladin.

I think Spies has a contract thru 2008.

So the earliest he could get a GP ride would be "09.
Wildcards of course would be an exception
biggrin.gif

(shortBoarder @ Jul. 10 2007,14:26) so....

I mean DAMN, the Suzuki tears it up to start the season of the new 800's, BRIDGESTONE starts beating the CRAP out of Michelin, and he BAILS?!?

Guess those ears take too much of the blood supply his brain needs to function at a high level...
pissed.gif
laugh.gif

Back