Suzuki looks good for MotoGP next year

Charlesbusa

Used to be a SoCal Busa
Donating Member
Registered
During testing today, Rizla Suzuki's new 800cc motogp bike lapped FASTER times than Sunday's race times on the 990cc.

Rizla Suzuki MotoGP began using its brand new 800cc MotoGP engine for the first time today and was quickly on the pace, as both racers posted times faster than their best from Sunday's final 990cc race.

John Hopkins led the way with a best of 1'33.14 from his 29 laps with team-mate Chris Vermeulen only fractionally behind, as the young Australian recorded a time of 1'33.17.[/Quote]

Linky

While I'm a Nicky Hayden fan, I'd love to see Suzuki be competitive next year!!

I think ALL the 800's are gonna rock....peak HP and top speed on the long straights are going to be less, but hopefully the corner speeds will be up and the lap times. They should be easier to ride  
beerchug.gif
 '07 is looking good in MotoGP  
super.gif

It could get crowded at the top next year! A lot of people are going to be rethinking their strategies next year for sure. Everybody thought to have a hope in hell you would have to win more races than Rossi to win the championship this year. This MotoGP season sort of reminded me of the Daytona 200 a few years ago. Mladin planned and made three stops during the race when everyone else was going to do it on two stops. In fact Dave Sadowski even stated that you could not win it on three stops! It wound up being the quickest Daytona 200 ever at that point! Strategy, consistent lap times throughout the runs and a damn fast bike won him that race, Strategy, consistency and a damn fast bike won Hayden the title. It wasn't flashy at times but sheer consistency sprinkled with a few wins was enough to win it all! All season I have listened to Kenny Junior say that their goal was to finish within 10 seconds of Rossi at every round. Near the end of the season they were right there! If Suzuki can get their bike to hold together,be easy to set up and set reasonable goals they will find their way back from the wilderness! I look forward to it.

I think the 800s are going to be faster at Valencia, Sachsenring, and Laguna. All of the tight slower tracks. I can't wait for next spring!!!!
biggrin.gif

I'm definitely rooting (sp?) for Hopkins next season.

I watched Faster, and he struck me as being a hard-working, down-to-earth kind of guy. Not that Hayden isn't either, but Hayden has the Honda advantage.

I'm hoping Suzuki does well next year.

Does anyone know if they are going back to a 60 degree engine configuration like in the 2004 season or staying with the 65 ?

I eat MotoGP with a spoon but they don't talk enough tech other than lowest temp they can chill the fuel before filling , thats about it  
mad.gif

biggrin.gif

I know why Suzuki may be running different exhaust cam lobe parameters on the rear cylinder .... but I want to know if they are !  Secrets , secrets  
biggrin.gif

My favorite color scheme ,,, pre Rizla .

The 2005 GSV-R 990

2005GSV-RRacer.jpg

biggrin.gif

Guys with MotoGP.com subscriptions , did you see Casey Stoner hot lapping the 800cc Ducati ? That thing is fast deluxe already .

Most obvious to me was in contrast to the Desmosedici GP4 , GP5 and GP6 , the engine he was testing was definately not firing the cylinder banks Twinpulsestyle . Sounds really cool with the traditional firing order but in the world of prototypes only time will tell which firing method they race next year .

The Ducati looks already ironed out , Pedrosa really likes the smaller RC212V and rider position that compliments his size , Vermullen ... well he's one of my favorites and is on a Suzuki.  
bowdown.gif

MotoGP just keeps getting better and 2007 will be a great season to watch unfold and the real potential to see track lap records being broken despite the smaller displacement .

Bump  
biggrin.gif

Check this out . The MotoGP racers stayed in Valencia for a couple days after the race to do some testing on the 800's .

Aside from any records set on qualifying tires , Loris Capirossi ran a 1'32.925 on lap 5 during the 990 Valencia race on sunday setting a new race lap record.

Today newbie to Ducati , rookie Casey Stoner cut a 1'32.940 lap on the 800cc Ducati GP7 and the bike is not even race ready .

I think their could be lap records set at every track next season so lowering the displacement ...who'd a thunk  
tounge.gif

Back