MotoGP past present and future- just blog it

mountainmotor

Donating Member
Registered
Blog it man and keep posting whatever's on your mind . You guys not into this racing might be after awhile - I figure it won't go far but prove me wrong after 15 pages :thumbsup: One liners and cheap shots and whatever :D

Seriously , i always thought a team and race bike was generaly no better than the rider could give feedback to work from. The plot of Suzuki's problems are thick in 2011 but i think they both need a rider and a new team manager . Inner politics and manager straddling the fence has been the way IMO. Two trucks are at every race anyway - it would have only cost what it takes for the 2nd rider this year . I'd like to see an Alberto Puig type manager - he has near fist fought for Pedrosa at times. An intense competitor that guy. Anyway , it's a better bike than 98% of the public give it credit for . Just needs a VR46 or Stoner type to finish it off but Suzuki is stilll nuts and i'll tell you why i'm thinking that iffin you ask. :D

Speaking of riders < were we ?> did you see Mister Brakes saying his rear tire developed a vibration mid race at Assen ? The Bridgestone guys checked both and found he had grained the right side of the front. He started to get good on the brakes in 09- now has perfected use of them on the straights.

Hey i see Honda won't have the engine scene all sewn up in the new Moto3 class for 2012 - good on these guys so now go Yamaha ! Make an entry.

motogp.com · Sacchi reveals Moto3 engine

So, what say you about Mr Excuse ? :laugh:

How about the Ducati 11.1 making waves in the paddock along with Ducati and even some folks from a university going on to Motegi way early to see if it's truely safe to hold an event there ?

Do not discount Honda, Aprillia, KTM in Moto 3, They know a thing or two about engines and racing.
Just because they are not floating around any info/progress doesn't mean they aren't hard at work.

Do you know the cost of a second rider/team @ the GP level? Another truck means nothing.
who knows what was in it? My guess on the $ to support another would be at least $6-8 million USD, more if you want to attract any talent.

Who is Mr. Brakes? Who is Mr. Excuse?

You want to encourage Moto GP interest, don't speak a different language.

Last I have heard is a few of the paddock have asked/signed petitions to have Motegi checked out properly. Otherwise, no race, they will boycott.

It's about the riders and their feedback to their support to set up the bikes for best lap times.

I wish Spies (Elbows) would be more consistent, he sure has the talent. Watch Rossi, he is playing it safe and scoring good points every race, slowly working his way up.

I like Moto GP but am a much bigger fan of WSB. I just feel the racing is much better. Hell Moto 2 is much more entertaining than the big bikes in my opinion. I loved seeing Spies win. Ive watched him go through AMA, WSB and now Moto GP. Although I dont really care for him, Simoncelli is a beast. I cant imagine whats going to happen if he gets on a factory bike...........if he can make it to the finish!

It's about the riders and their feedback to their support to set up the bikes for best lap times.

I wish Spies (Elbows) would be more consistent, he sure has the talent. Watch Rossi, he is playing it safe and scoring good points every race, slowly working his way up.

In time for both! They are both on new bikes and are developing them every race. Especially with the new engine configuration for next season.

That Ducati is a beast. Colin Edwards, who is a good personal friend as well as former teammate of VR, says Vale needs to "adjust his riding style" to fit the Duc. not so much as adjusting the bike to his style.

That Ducati is a beast. Colin Edwards, who is a good personal friend as well as former teammate of VR, says Vale needs to "adjust his riding style" to fit the Duc. not so much as adjusting the bike to his style.

I won't argue the protest laps < that's lingo for giving it 50% during a race when tired of the same O same O knowing you won't and don't want to have a contract next season > Melandri and Loris Capirossi made during the final races of their last years with Ducati . The Loris split was a bitter one. I certainly won't argue with soft spoken Jeremy Burgess when he speaks in context of the <same o same o> later years during the time Casey Stoner spent on the Ducati .

Paragraph 5 and 6

motogp.com · Jeremy Burgess with one eye on next season

After season 2007 when Stoner missed several consecutive starts having had a strange illness that doctors couldn't entirely diagnose, it was heavily rumored it might be a simple nervous breakdown and related to the above.

After the first test Rossi said the electronics were complicated. That was fixed first. He struggled on with a bike the front couldn't be trusted on and one simple change required too many other adjustments . They still are trying to fix it while staying within what the rules allow. Think Smokey Yunick'ish.

On about the same note , Honda finally listened to riders input about overkill mass centralization and other problems such as ergo's. Hayden was sure vocal about it especially his last two seasons with them. You can listen to Honda's three current factory riders and know things have changed in that regard , which was similar to what Ducati's stance has been till late - here , the bike is perfect- it's the rider .

Do you know the cost of a second rider/team @ the GP level? Another truck means nothing.
who knows what was in it? My guess on the $ to support another would be at least $6-8 million USD, more if you want to attract any talent.

Yeah - i got a general idea about all three things there.

Here's Kevin's side of it all . Perhaps you watched him race the super groovy factory Suzuki 500's at some point. I certainly did .

Kevin Schwantz on the future of Suzuki MotoGP - Sport Rider Magazine

Hell Moto 2 is much more entertaining than the big bikes in my opinion.

All Honda engines - the exact thing Honda wanted - that evil empire :laugh:

They wanted 800cc racing as well and got it.

That's why i'm excited to see new entries into the new 4 stroke powered Moto3 class next year . Don't want to see a Honda take over .???

Hey i agree - that WSB is killer racing. I really wish they had live feeds like the Dorna thing though.

I gotta go, been on the interweb too much today . :laugh:

Back