2014 MotoGP Qatar

05 Busa LE

Donating Member
Registered
Going to be a great race; despite his injury, the phenomenal Marquez pulls off the pole position, and it's great to see the Open and Satellite teams competing with the Factory teams. 2:30 - 4:00 pm EDT today (3/23/14) on Fox Sports 1.

Screen Shot 2014-03-23 at 9.41.28 AM.png

It was amazing to watch! The first lap was awful - and it had been for all three classes... there was a fair amount of wind during the day and Jorge had been commenting (complaining) all afternoon about not catching the grip during qualifying. Final Q was awesome, but Marquez only snuck in in the final two laps for the Pole. The time difference between Pole and 12th was just under 6/10 of a second.

Check the thread that charlie started for me for more!

I kept thinking to myself on that first lap Lorenzo had better be careful, he's not qualfied that well, and he's going for an early lead - he's likely to lose his fro--WHAMMO. He later admitted he was pushing his luck and shoulda known better...what amazed me was that Marquez had hard tires and held it together until they came into their preferred range.

Did you notice that the Honda seemed to have more grunt, but the Yamaha had better corner speed? And Rossi's breaking didn't look nearly as out of control as Marquez's was...

I agree with your comment about Marquez's braking. He put a lot of motion into the bike while Rossi's never looked upset. The kid's fast no doubt, but looks to be working way harder than Rossi doing it.

I kept thinking to myself on that first lap Lorenzo had better be careful, he's not qualfied that well, and he's going for an early lead - he's likely to lose his fro--WHAMMO. He later admitted he was pushing his luck and shoulda known better...what amazed me was that Marquez had hard tires and held it together until they came into their preferred range.

Did you notice that the Honda seemed to have more grunt, but the Yamaha had better corner speed? And Rossi's breaking didn't look nearly as out of control as Marquez's was...

From an up close view point, Jorge is a machine- very calculated; he sees what he wants to do and then does it, though it doesn't always work out... Vale is so fluid on the bike it is beautiful... Marquez is a little wilder... Which may have been because he was distracted by pain... I saw him several times over the weekend and he was always limping... Another very fluid guy was Alvaro Bautista...

The m1 seemed to really carry the corners, but the HRC team has something under the hood... Each of the laps that Rossi lead Marquez, he caught up to him on the strait sections. There were beautiful shots of the back side of the track where there are switchbacks followed by a hard left (watching them come around looked like something from the Dragon...)

This race, Rossi didn't burn in like he had so much last year; he was obviously on the brakes differently... I saw his crew chief and data engineer talking a lot... I wonder when the comparisons between Silvano and Jeremy will start?

Looks like the start to a great season!

Back