MotoGP 2019

Funny as beautiful as
Ducati for sale bikes are
the MotoGP bikes are butt ugly .

:beerchug:

Thats why they Folger got ditched a while back ?
I'm thinking so. Just can't imagine Lorenzo being content with just a testing role though. Maybe Jarvis is doing it to keep Fabio in the fold until Rossi retires. A proven vet with history on the M1 could be good incentive for the youngster to stay.

Since it's still technically 2019 a little last minute MotoGP news. Looks like Aprilia might be abandoning their 75 degree v4 in favor of a 90 degree version ala Honda and Ducati. Good read anyway.
That is interesting.

Anybody of authority here that can rename this thread? Just don't want to start an all new one for 2020 unnecessarily...

That being said here's some MotoGP news.

NBC sports just signed a new contract to broadcast Motogp. Not sure how I feel about this one. They kind of did a hack job on their F1 coverage after beating out Fox.

Also Ducati just showed their new 2020 bike this week. Even more aero bits being shown, especially on the wheels. Personally hate it, but if it narrows the gap to Marquez I'm all for it. Personally don't think Ducati has the rider to do so at the moment, at least not on a regular basis.

Ducati-Desmosedici-GP20-launch-04-scaled.jpg

With Vinales now off the table, that leaves Marquez, Quartararo and to some extent Rossi as the big fish yet to sign. Rossi has said that he wants to evaluate things over the first part of the season before he decides on his future. In the meantime Yamaha is going to find themselves in a bit of a pickle. Ducati is already dangling a truck load of cash at Fabio, (and as I have said repeatedly) if Jarvis is dumb enough (he is!) to let the kid go to a rival then Yamaha are in a world of hurt. If they wait around for Rossi to make a decision it may be too late! Rossi has already stated that he would be fine riding for Petronas, but I seriously doubt he would cherish a move to an albeit very good satellite squad. I also have my doubts about Vinales bike setup abilities, but they have effectively made him the team leader by signing him for the next 3 years, so they have already made that commitment.

All this has to be ultimately aimed at upsetting Marquez proverbial Apple cart. His stranglehold on the class has got everyone chasing their tales to come up with a solution to a seemingly insurmountable problem. Even Honda themselves by installing Marquez little bother on Lorenzo's vacated seat (that and a loaded Brinks truck!) are doing their best to keep him happy! The Ducati team has been the most publicly active squad of them all in this regard for some time now and their 2020 bike shows Gigi's team has a few tricks up their sleeve still. Suzuki is getting closer all the time, but I just don't think Mir is ready to be in MotoGP yet, and Rins cannot do it all on his own.

Rossi is waiting to see if his team can give him enough usable horsepower to compete. He’s tired of no podiums.

Well that was quick. Yamaha announced Quartararo to the factory squad for 2021 today... Rossi to keep full factory support at least until he retires. No word on whether he is on his own team or Petronas squad yet.

Last edited:
Back