Moto Guzzi

G

Hey guys, anyone here ever had a Moto Guzzi or know much about them? My dad was thinking of buying a new one maybe, his Busa days are behind him but he still wants to ride, thanks

It is the same old clunky shifting stuff from the seventies in a new dressed up package. Have him look at a new BMW, an old idea with new technology as well as a new wrapper.

I have read some Euro-mag tests and the bike is a load.

Hey, don't knock Guzzis. I rode one recently and despite its advanced age and pogo-stick front forks, the engine was really cool...nice feel, sound and torque. The new V11 looks hot, too. It's the Un-Ducati!

Anyone who knows much about Moto Guzzi's history surely knows about Dr. John Wittner. His hand made Guzzi race bike paved the way for the Moto Guzzi Daytona, and MGS-01 (a bike I would own if I won the lottery!). Alan Cathcart just released a book about him and his bike last year. I just read that the Good Doctor passed away a day ago at 77. RIP Dr. John!

1708304041106.png

Last edited:
Anyone who knows much about Moto Guzzi's history surely knows about Dr. John Wittner. His hand made Guzzi race bike paved the way for the Moto Guzzi Daytona, and MGS-01 (a bike I would own if I won the lottery!). Alan Cathcart just released a book about him and his bike last year. I just read that the Good Doctor passed away a day ago at 77. RIP Dr. John!

View attachment 1678823
Wow,
You make @Rojo proud with this ancient necro-post from 1999......

Cool bike though.....

Back