More Pics of my Sexy Italian Mistress,

Revlis

Re-Recycled, Busa-Less...
Donating Member
Registered
Still haven't settled on a name, I don't know her well enough. I have my fingers crossed that "she" doesn't end up being a "he" like the car did though
biggrin.gif

Fantastic ride though, It's a 2007 Moto Guzzi Griso. It can hang with the Busa no sweat... Um, for about 6 feet or so maybe... If I catch the Busa rider flat footed...
ices_rofl.gif
race.gif

Yeah, You don't buy a Moto Guzzi to go fast. It's still faster than most Harley's though. It handles pretty much like a big sportbike, a little more nimble or flickable than a Busa, I think it's the width of the handle bars, about the same length and about 50lbs lighter. But after spending the last 14 years on a sportbike it's certainly different. It does make me smile a lot though, kinda reminds me of why I started riding as a kid, it's just plain old fun.

Mostly it is what it was designed to be, a Sports Cruiser/Standard... thing.

The seating position is more upright with a wide handlebar rising up to meet you about 3-4 inches earlier than the Busa. Seat is comfy, though a bit wide and little tall. Those with shorter than a 32" inseam might want to have it lowered. It's not the Height, it's the width in this case. It fits me pretty well, though like the busa the pegs are a little high, might look into the Buell peg mod for the Griso.

Brakes are well sorted, good feel and very strong. Chassis feels pretty good, very stiff, no flex that I can notice anyway.

Bike sounds amazing, probably the best part of the bike right behind the smooth ride. Sounds kinda like small block Chevy, deep and angry. Of course with the engine in their sideways you also get a wonderful Torque reaction similar to an American V-8 as well. That's pretty entertaining. Also the engine looks freaking huge, way bigger than an 1100 should anyway. Folks here at work were assuming that it was some sorta monster engined, super fast, sports thing. They were surprised to learn that it's only 1100cc of low tech twin... Still, I haven't seen another one on the roads up here anywhere so that's kind of cool. I had to buy a mirrored visor cause I feel like I'm in a parade wherever I go, everyone looking at it, it's loud and bright freaking red, makes me miss subtlety the black Busa...

Anyway, I know I am boring most of you so I'll make with the pictures.

Outside the office... Yup, the Harley Dealership.
92ed55ac.jpg

The more I look at it, the more I like it. Need a fender eliminator though.
90f66faa.jpg

Not a Bad Angle really...
b8076f6d.jpg

Another...
f315f14d.jpg

Love the Pipe, and I love the fact that it's Moto-Guzzi Approved... Though it's also cat equipped. Will be fixing that.
de46a985.jpg

Sounds Good... Suits the bike's "image" of power, and muscle very well. Yeah Image, It's got some muscle I suppose, but it's hard to take it seriously when ANY modern 600cc Sportbike would just run me right the hell over.
3e76cd9a.jpg

Still a near virgin...
c0f5dcdd.jpg

The engine does a great job of looking massive!
5ca02e37.jpg

I really need the suspension sorted, but I'm happy thus far.
dd447c7b.jpg

4e0dc079.jpg

beerchug.gif
Lilah is looking a little perturbed in the Garage, but I'll tell ya, the real fun is riding them back to back... It really highlights the differences between the two. Especially in terms of power and performance... It's really hard to argue with the Busa.
thumb_up.gif

beerchug.gif
  Lilah is looking a little perturbed in the Garage, but I'll tell ya, the real fun is riding them back to back... It really highlights the differences between the two.  Especially in terms of power and performance...  It's really hard to argue with the Busa.  
thumb_up.gif
Yeah, no kidding.
laugh.gif

r8

004_5__Medium_.jpg

Yeah... You it's pretty fun, hop off the Griso and onto the Busa and suddenly you feel like the world has slowed down around you.

Either one of them clean and sparkly guys touch your bike?

Looks like they've been working hard at something, prolly not getting paid enough either...

BUT, I will say that I have a lot more FUN on the Griso. Just more of the "why I started riding" going down the road fun. The Busa is always about performance, going fast, looking fast. Having a bike without the baggage, without all the power is sort of freeing. I get to just ride, it's not always about pushing limits or looking out for the "man". It's nice, refreshing really to just enjoy the ride.

It's no dought got character.Something you don't see everyday or at every corner.Not following the crowd by no means
cool.gif

I dont care how fast it is. That thing is sexy. You need to get one of those models to pose with it
cool.gif
beerchug.gif

Very nice! If I were to expand the "stable", one of those would be part of it
beerchug.gif

Just more of the "why I started riding" going down the road fun.  The Busa is always about performance, going fast, looking fast.  Having a bike without the baggage, without all the power is sort of freeing.  I get to just ride, it's not always about pushing limits or looking out for the "man".  It's nice, refreshing really to just enjoy the ride.
Could not of said that better.
thumb_up.gif

Just jump on the Buick and ride. I get the same feeling as you. Just the wind, open roads and no worries.

I think they call it "just crusin".

r8

(I was working out a deal with those bums in the shot. I'll buy it, over insure it and you steal it.)

Dude! Just make sure it did not come with Dego Tires!!!!! when dego flat, dego whop whop whop

I dont care how fast it is. That thing is sexy. You need to get one of those models to pose with it
cool.gif
beerchug.gif
I promise... Maybe 2 models... Or three yeah... That's the ticket. But yeah, I will have some model pictures soon enough.

Just spent all day Sunday shooting Gen, should have some of those to post soon.

Glad you got it.. I love that bike and have been keeping an eye on it for some time now. Maybe, I'll have one soon.
beerchug.gif

Nice new toy Rev!!
beerchug.gif

Is Lilah going to stick around or are you still thinking about selling her?

It does make me smile a lot though, kinda reminds me of why I started riding as a kid, it's just plain old fun.  
I know where your coming from and heading the same direction kinda sorta.

Myself , I am waiting for the 2008 Griso 8 valve . It's without doubt in the cards for one to be in the stable but i am going to mod the hell out of the new engine .

Here is something you may or may not have heard about . The Italians modify everything Italian- the Griso 2 valve 1100 was not immune .

140hp liquid cooled Griso

Links to pics of the reworked Millepercento Griso with BigBore engine package

Back