Most Random of Sundays...

busawife

Registered
Today has not been a usual Sunday for us in the Jeffercarman-Busawife household.

I got a wild hair, and decided it was time to rearrange a few rooms in the house. This will be an all week cleaning mission (sorry Jefferycarman) and it has our house totally torn apart. Honestly, if it wasn't for the fact that I know (100% sure) that I am not pregnant, I would swear that I am nesting hard core. My guess is that I am sympathy nesting for the friends I have who are all due within the next few months.

Jeff started new medication this weekend too, and we FINALLY got around to talking about the side effects. We were hoping that the sleepy side effect would kick in, but it hasn't happened. Although, we both had to laugh at one...and then it turned into a horrible Sambusa joke. I guess one side effect is "change in sexual desires." No more description than that. So, we wondered...does this mean you want it more? Does it mean you want it less? Or does it mean that you go and join Sambusa's team and shephards start looking over their shoulders for you? It was a good laugh...

Then, out of no where, Christine informs us that she wants a bike of her own. NO, not a trike. NO, not a bicycle. She wants a motorcycle of her own. We knew it was coming. We figured she wouldn't ever ask for a car. That she would ask for a motorcycle. BUT, we didn't figure it would happen at 2.5 years old. *sigh* I guess she thinks she is all sorts of grown up now that we are potty training. She is starting to try and act more and more like an adult every day. It is super cute and super scary at the same time...

Which reminds me, does anyone have advice for potty training. She seems to forget that she needs to go, but we are having WAY less accidents then most of my friend's kids have had. BUT, she won't go #2 on the potty at all. Any ideas? We have prizes for going potty. We talk to her about going potty. We praise her for going on the big girl potty and encourage her that princesses don't go potty in their under-roos. BUT, she is still NOT convinced about that second part. Ideas would be greatly appreciated...

So, that was the randomness of my Sunday. How was your weekend?

Holy crap. I got both of your messages and I will phone you both tomorrow night.

Don't do anything until after we talk. :beerchug:

:rofl:

Love you guys.

Oh, as far as potty training goes.. what worked best for us us to use a crate.

They normally wont go potty where they sleep, so just keep them in the crate and let them out every few hours, as soon as you let them out you need to take them outside on the grass and show them where to go....

wait.. that doesnt sound right... uhhh oh dang it that is for the dogs.

My youngest is 11, I forgot what we did.. :banghead:

It is amazing how much humans learn by watching, especially at that age, if you let them watch uz guys (that parents) they will want to mimick you and will assume that is what grown ups do, and since kids have an inherant desire to grow up fast and be like adults there is a good chance they will want to go potty like mom and dad.

Just a thought

Soooo, was I part of your pillow talk or just a random conversation?:whistle::laugh:

Potty training at 2.5? She will get the hang of it when she is ready. If she is forgetting it is because it doesn't matter to her one way or another. Just give her time and it will come naturally. :beerchug:

And what Thrasher said about learning by watching is dead on. Also the crate work too.

Last edited:
100% sure huh! Good way to break it with a post on the org, buy the time you realy tell him you are---now prego---- we will have wormed him all up to the idea.:rofl::whistle:

I started training my girls the day after their 2nd birthday. My first one did good, my second wasn't ready, so I waited a week and started again, it was easy from there.
What I did was put them on the toilet every hour, after meals and after nap time and first thing in the morning, If you can get yourself to do this she will follow. My girls were never bed wetters, and the last diaper to go was the night time one. Once she wakes up dry for awhile the diaper can come off at night,at the same time she can ware big girl undies during the day. It worked for me and it really wasn't hard. Good Luck.

Yes, you're nesting. Yes, the baby will favor Sam. No, to tricks, she'll get the hang of it by time the baby arrives and then regress for attention because she isn't the center of your world anymore.

On the training, tell her when she goes potty like a big girl, she can have a motorcycle!:laugh::thumbsup:

Yes Sam...I find it easier to sleep at night after talking to Jeffery and then laughing myself to exhaustion. You crack me up.

I promise, I am NOT prego...:banghead::cussing:

Thanks for the potty training ideas. She is doing really well, although I haven't heard the daycare report yet. SO, we will see what happened then...

Well, now that we got to speak in real-time, I feel you've got this pretty well sorted out. Since Sarah is not pregnant, I recommend several _______ (insert favorite liquid, here (Kool-Aid/Gatorade?)) shots before bed, only after Christine is bedded down for the evening, of course...

:laugh:

Yes, you're nesting. Yes, the baby will favor Sam. No, to tricks, she'll get the hang of it by time the baby arrives and then regress for attention because she isn't the center of your world anymore.

uh............wut?
Yes Sam...I find it easier to sleep at night after talking to Jeffery and then laughing myself to exhaustion. You crack me up.

Again, I feel so honored. Most women laugh when they think about me, so you are not alone.:laugh:
:poke: you are always on my mind :moon:

Mostly because I am scared of monsters in the closet :poke: :rofl:

And for you "prego" wishers :moon::moon::moon:

Karma.... that is all

I AM the monster in the closet big boy.:rofl:

Last edited:
Back