more practice. more turns. more progress.

BUSAFETT

Registered
This is the 3rd season I've had my Busa, and am still finding things to apply to handle turns better.

The big one today was really using my outer leg on a turn to help move the bike through the turn. I'd already been applying leaning and countersteering, but this seems to be the biggest goose so far for me when going through a turn. As soon as I started using that outer leg to pull the bike over, along with the other steps, I could really feel an immediate shift. Of course the tradeoff is, it's also more of a workout! I got home and was hungry!

Glad that this hobby also helps keep you in shape. Keep the tips coming!

BF

Glad to know you are always improving, good job!
beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif

beerchug.gif

Glad to hear !!
Georgia wants to get tank pads to help "stick" her knees into the tank better and keep them from feelin slick....

I have StompGrip for more grip on the tank.

What I do is similar, on the outside leg I put my inner thigh(1/2 between knee and crotch) against the tank as I rotate my hips a little into the turn. That way when I lean my body into the corner, the bike leans with me. Easier than using your leg muscles alone to lean the bike. Basically you make your lower body and the bike one, they lean together.

Yup I got the gripster pads on my busa, it makes a world of difference in comfort and safety.
DSCN0361.jpg
[/IMG]

Are you putting your weight on the inner peg while turning in? That, and leaning my upper body over and down in front of the mirror really made a difference to me...

Pressure on the inside peg will give you the similar results with less of a workout. Do what feels better to you. Comfort = Confidence.

beerchug.gif

This is the 3rd season I've had my Busa, and am still finding things to apply to handle turns better.

The big one today was really using my outer leg on a turn to help move the bike through the turn. I'd already been applying leaning and countersteering, but this seems to be the biggest goose so far for me when going through a turn. As soon as I started using that outer leg to pull the bike over, along with the other steps, I could really feel an immediate shift. Of course the tradeoff is, it's also more of a workout! I got home and was hungry!

Glad that this hobby also helps keep you in shape. Keep the tips coming!

BF
Glad to hear it. Body position changes the center of gravity of a bike and it plays a big role in getting the bike to turn hard. If you're going to the busa bash this month be sure to sign up for Vman's dragon breath instructional ride. You'll probably learn some good tips there too.

Ian
www.redlinestands.com

The concept behind leaning off the bike and putting your weight on your inside peg is to act as a counterweight to keep your bike more upright allowing you to carry more speed through the turn. So I've been told...kind of hair raising at first but made a world of difference in carrying speed cince I started doing this.

I have StompGrip for more grip on the tank.

What I do is similar, on the outside leg I put my inner thigh(1/2 between knee and crotch) against the tank as I rotate my hips a little into the turn.  That way when I lean my body into the corner, the bike leans with me.  Easier than using your leg muscles alone to lean the bike.  Basically you make your lower body and the bike one, they lean together.
+1 On Stompgrip

With your knee out leaning into the turn you will automatically weight your inside peg. Make sure you have your toe on the peg or you will drag your boot - not good. You should be able to remove both hands from your handlebars at full lean if you are gripping the tank w/ the outside leg properly. Don't try that at home kids.

Back