More drama with my bike accident!!

Thats why i made my other thread. Cuz i try to be as safe as possible. obviosuly i like to have a little fun. Then i'm the one that wrecks when i choose not to ride with any of the people around here that ride sportbikes because they nevere wear gear, always speeding and doing wheelies through town and yet i'm the one that pays for it. I just dont get it???

maybe they are just better riders?

Seat belt doesn't guarantee you will survive a crash but avoiding the crash guarantees you will.

I plan on getting a stunt cage for the busa and i'm gonna learn how to do some stuff i have always wanted to do to boost my ANTI-cager abilities:thumbsup:

Thats why i made my other thread. Cuz i try to be as safe as possible. obviosuly i like to have a little fun. Then i'm the one that wrecks when i choose not to ride with any of the people around here that ride sportbikes because they nevere wear gear, always speeding and doing wheelies through town and yet i'm the one that pays for it. I just dont get it???

I can see that you don't get it :lol:

You had an avoidable accident. Learn from it and move on. Use this as a reminder that you need to keep your low speed maneuvering and emergency braking skills up to par. Don't worry about what other people are doing. I could care less what other people wear when they ride. Not my skin. I'm sure someone will chime in with the "our taxes pay for the medical bills!" but the taxes are going to be there anyways. The government blows money on so much stupid **** that it's not going to make any difference. Just weeding out the gene pool.

In summary, don't worry about other people. Ride your ride how you want to and make sure your toolbox actually has some tools in it. Otherwise, this is going to happen again.

LOL they are not better riders they just dont give a **** and they havent paid the price yet but they will one day

I plan on it i'm going to upgrade my front brakes while i'm rebuilding the bike and all will be good

curious what better brakes will do if you think you slide a bike to get it stopped :whistle:

hahaha!!! :thumbsup:

If I knew how to rep on this site or if it had it, you'd be getting it :beerchug:

You could throw some Brembo monoblocks with carbon discs on the front of that thing, but if you don't know how to ride it, it's just going to be a pretty bolt on.

I've got Galfer wave rotors front/rear with ss lines and EBC HH pads on my 08 busa. It helped a lot but I still want to get a radial brake lever for it. Probably the Brembo. I've got a Brembo monoblock on the front of my supermoto that will do 1 finger stoppies. The thing is, if you don't know how to emergency brake, all the brakes in the world aren't going to help and you're just going to lowside again the next time this situation occurs. Grabbier brakes are just going to help make the lowside happen faster if you can't use them properly.

+1 on not over killing the brake upgrades. Having brakes that grab with one finger isn't usually the safest on the road in a "panic" situation. Would take a very long time to get use to such brakes for the average person.
Pads and lines is all that is really needed if looking for an upgrade. Stock brakes aren't really that bad or we all be swapping them out before we ride our bikes.

I'm on stockers had to brake in a pinch and they worked just fine. Cagers don't know how to drive around here.

I've got a little secret for you; when you get your bike back, zip tie your brake lever to your grip as tight as you can. Leave it that way for 24hrs. Also, tie a 10lb weight to your rear brake lever. I do this about once a month. You'll thank me later.

I've got a little secret for you; when you get your bike back, zip tie your brake lever to your grip as tight as you can. Leave it that way for 24hrs. Also, tie a 10lb weight to your rear brake lever. I do this about once a month. You'll thank me later.

Can you explain what this does for brake performance????

Puts pressure on the system. In a hydraulic system, the constant pressure pushes all the air up into the reservoir. It'll take your lever from the mushy feel that it is, that you probably don't notice cause you're used to it and with firm it back up again and it will take less of a throw. Just try it, you'll see.

Okay, I did some math on the numbers mentioned in this thread. I used this website to help me calculate stopping distances using perfect conditions. Stopping Distance Calculator

If you're going 35MPH you're traveling at 51.3 feet a second and it would take you around 42 feet to stop at that speed. Locking up your brakes of course increases your braking distance.

Since you skidded a little over 70 feet before impact I turned that into a braking distance to calculate speed. So if it takes you 70 feet to come to a complete stop you're going 67 feet per second or around 42 MPH. Once again this is under perfect braking with no skidding.

Perfect braking and tire road contact gives you a coefficient of .8. I cut that in half to estimate what the skidding did for you. So traveling at 35 MPH and locking up your brakes will cause your braking distance to increase to 102 feet. If you're going 40 MPH you're stopping distance with locked up brakes is 133 feet.

Cutting the coefficient in half is probably not accurate for the amount of loss that is occurring but it proves a couple points. You were probably going faster than you think you were going and that you need to improve your braking skills. I'm not calling you out or anything like that we all need improvement in at least one area. :)

Last edited:
thats interesting.

Technically that would be considered speeding but the cops around here and probably most any other cop around unless he is a straight :moon:hole will not cite you for that. Does that make it right no but it has happened for so long that is acceptable by everyone and everyone does it. Granted if i was a super skilled rider like ZXWUT :tongue2: i would have been able to stop in time and avoid the crash. I'm not perfect and nor is anyone else and i dont have very much riding experience and you only get experience with time, which i plenty of. That said if she would have waited to turn out none of this would have happened:whistle:

Back