MORE RISKY

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GEARJAMMER

Banned
Some the places I deliver 2 r like u dragrace bikes omg must have death wish
I honestly think street riding more risky
Im wearing jacket,protective pants helmet+gloves
I see guys in sandals +tank tops on street very risky I think.
Hope u all have safe summer which ever your doing.Lol lot guys here do both I know.

Gotta go with the strip is safest. Not more than 1 other moron tryin to take u out at all times! Required to wear full protection too.
Troy

I say strip is safer for the reasons already mentioned and for the fact that you not on the bike as long. One would think the less time spent on the bike the less chance for an accident.

I might not want include top fuel bikes in my original post
nothing more awesome 2 watch but nobody can deny there very dangerous.

I might not want include top fuel bikes in my original post
nothing more awesome 2 watch but nobody can deny there very dangerous.

Even though I have never heard it said before. I believe the reason no major drag race organization has top fuel bike races is due to the attrition factor. If you are going to have a following of riders like you do a following of drivers

in the top fuel classes they have to survive the sport to race another day. The frequency and seriousness of the crashes in top fuel bikes is to high for a family orientated entertainment business. I predict with 16 races ( I think ) a year

like Pro Stock bike in NHRA has now the number of serious accidents would be unacceptible. Lets estimate the number of runs from a 16+ bike field at an event. 3+ time trials per bike = 54+ runs. Eliminations would be 15 runs.

69+ runs per event times 16 events = 1104+ runs per season not including fields entered bigger than 16 contestants at an event. Also not included is testing like what happened to John Medlin on the John Force Team a few years ago.

So.... How often do top fuel bikes crash?

About street racing. From what I see on You Tube people are so reckless and disrespectful it blows my mind. Back in the early 70s we had a 1/4 marked off on a backroad just a few miles from my house on the edge of suburbia.

It was there because I measured it with a couple buddies! :laugh: We brought an old gallons of paint and made it conspicuious enough to see the finish line.

We didn't need a starting line after a while... the rubber laid down from our past runs were always visible.

We had look outs and only raced when we were the only cars in sight. We had competitors come from miles away to our little venue in the country and nobody was ever hurt until we had been at it a couple years.

Two friends on Yamaha 350s sideswiped each other not paying attention. One broke a wrist and the other hurt his foot... idiots...

After a couple years the cops finally started bringing the heat and we pretty much stopped. I suspect that the suburbia people could hear us and knew what we were up to so they called the cops.

My Mom also told me she could hear us from our house at night. :laugh:

I should have taken pictures... we had some pretty bad ass cars show up now and then!

Street racing from a roll isn't a big deal if you guys are the only ones around and are going from lets say 30 to a 100... only takes a few seconds and the faster accelerating vehicle will reveal itself in that short time.

The big horsepower stuff you see on TV looks ripe for disaster. I don't like the starter between the cars because if something breaks and the car turns suddenly it could get ugly.

Race Tracks are safer, they have emergency teams ready to help at all times when bikes are on course.

Racing at the track is certainly safer that street riding on average. The environment at the track is controlled and constant: runs are done on a track with only 2 riders on the track, surface clean, riders must be wearing the right gear, NOBODY texting while driving, no cars pulling out in front of you unexpectedly. With all the idiot cagers on the road, it is amazing more of us are not hurt or killed. I spent 6 weeks in an intensive care unit years ago due to an on-coming school bus making a left-hand turn and stopping which completely blocked the road. This happened when I was 75 ft. from the intersection at 40 mph. The driver said she never saw me (?????). That would never happen on a track.

Street racing is wreckless, dangerous and flat out stupid. The chances of getting hurt or hurting someone else are way to high. All the stuff you see on YouTube is done by people asking for problems. If you injure or kill someone due to street racing, the criminal penalties are very high (beyond having to live with the responsibility). I know many folks on here are fans of the Street Outlaws TV series but this show is promoting dangerous behavior for the young, impressionable audience. The racing meets are definitely staged (the length of time taken for each meet, multiple portable generator-lights, etc.) but still dangerous: look at the number of utility poles the cars fly by on an average run with many of the cars running anything nut in control on a straight line run, curbs along the edges of the road which are perfect for flipping, unlit shutdown area. I don't see the point: why the hell take so many chances, run the risk of getting hurt or hurting someone else all while being on edge worrying about getting arrested ( for the test "hits" and non-staged races). Does it make more sense to just race safely and legally at the track? Granted, not everybody has a track close by, the closest track to me is 2 hours away. Just my opinion.

Jim

At the strip it's all you and the guy in the next lane you have to worry about. You both know what's going on the whole time while going down the strip, unlike daily driving where you never know what the other drivers are doing. I vote strip is safer by far. Even track racing is safer.

Of course the strip is safer for all the reasons above and I do hold a NHRA license , With that said I will do some roll racing with friends for a rush now and than :) Mostly to find out what bike will pull what bike and on a road that is long with a clear view. we do know one thing from this a 14r with a pipe and flash will beat a hp4 with all the goodies ! That one was the best as the BMW guy was about to cry lol

Of course the strip is safer for all the reasons above and I do hold a NHRA license , With that said I will do some roll racing with friends for a rush now and than :) Mostly to find out what bike will pull what bike and on a road that is long with a clear view. we do know one thing from this a 14r with a pipe and flash will beat a hp4 with all the goodies ! That one was the best as the BMW guy was about to cry lol

What is this roll racing you speak of?:poke:

Back