More animal encounters

pseudo

Donating Member
Registered
So, my buddy and I decide to go on a trip out to Ophir, a nice little mining town outside of Tooele Utah.

Along canyon road up to the small town, I see in the road what I think is a stick, but then I get closer and hit it. Turns out it was a rattle snake.

My ride buddy who was behind me says after I hit it, it coiled up and struck out at his bike twice as he passed, missing him only by inches!

We turned around to see if we could find it to take pictures "from a safe distance" but it was gone. I bet the snake will feel that one in the morning!

My baby got hungry and decided to snack on a snake. Add this to last weeks falcon encounter and it seems like my bike thinks it's a real falcon, not just named after one.

You guys check your tires real good,the fangs can break off,if you were to ##### your hand or finger on one,it could be potentially something bad.:;):

Is this it?

ocean_5_07_06_05__2_.jpg

Is this it?
That be it! Although, the one I hit was a bit thinner.

I'm not an expert, so the the species may have been different, I was going about 30mph when I hit it. My ride buddy had a much better view, up close and personal like, and said he recognized it as a rattler.

<!--EDIT|pseudo
Reason for Edit: None given...|1147406107 -->

better than all the damn skunks and possums we have ..littering the highway with thier goo and sharp bones after unsuccesfully navigating across the asphalt desert

Somewhere there is a video post of a motogp event (Bahrain?) with a Cobra on the track and....it struck at the second rider as well.

I ran over a possum on the way home from a ride after work last week . It was about 10:00 and just out of a sweeping left hander, just back on the gas good when the possum walked right out in the middle of the road and I T-boned it . Luckly I hit it square and just ran right over but did have possum poo and blood all of the lowers and my boots .
mad.gif

What's next? Let hope it's not the dreaded forest rat. Believe it or not, I've actually ridden to the mighty metropolis of Ophir before. My brother used to live in Tooele when I lived in Provo, and I'd take those great back roads from Lehi to get there. Lots of great memories and high speed runs on them there roads.

I ran one over in the Vegas run and my rear tire threw it at Big O or Nomad. Can't remember who was behind me
tounge.gif

Must be that time of the month. I just got my bike back from paint shop and its all hot looking. Today I hopped on the busa to get a sandwich for lunch across the street at my local golf course. I turned into their entrance and saw a beautiful Okeetee corn snake in the road. I slowed down to try and rescue it and planned to bring him home. I keep eleven snakes that I've caught out in the wild.

Well as I was slowing down to make a uturn, I looked back to see if he was still there. As I did I lost my balance and dropped my bike on its right side scratching the lower fairing pretty good. At first I was bummed out but now that she's been down for the first time I have it out of my system. I knew it was gonna happen one day. Just sucks that it happened so soon after finishing my paint work.

On an even more ironic note, when I got to the snake it was already dead from being run over. Shame really.

<!--EDIT|Oldroller
Reason for Edit: None given...|1147456583 -->

Must be that time of the month. I just got my bike back from paint shop and its all hot looking. Today I hopped on the busa to get a sandwich for lunch across the street at my local golf course. I turned into their entrance and saw a beautiful Okeetee corn snake in the road. I slowed down to try and rescue it and planned to bring him home. I keep eleven snakes that I've caught out in the wild.

Well as I was slowing down to make a uturn, I looked back to see if he was still there. As I did I lost my balance and dropped my bike on its right side scratching the lower fairing pretty good. At first I was bummed out but now that she's been down for the first time I have it out of my system. I knew it was gonna happen one day. Just sucks that it happened so soon after finishing my paint work.

On an even more ironic note, when I got to the snake it was already dead from being run over. Shame really.
After all that I think I would of run that ole corn snake over just for good measure
biggrin.gif
sorry though that you scuffed her up a some
sad.gif
could of happned to anybody

Back