Moonshiners (Discovery Channel)

SLO MO

Registered
I like this show I think the people are too funny and i like a good cup of lightning but what I can't understand is how they can have a second season ??? what they are documenting is an illegal activity and most of the people are not hiding themselves but they are giving everybody an inside look into their operation. How is it that the alphabet boys are not knocking on their door with the discovery channel footage in hand?

The main reason I can think of for the fact that they haven't been busted is the fact that it is FAKE!

You don't really believe everything you see on TV, do ya? :dunno:

The main reason I can think of for the fact that they haven't been busted is the fact that it is FAKE!

Why yes I do. If it isn't real they can not put it on the internet or TV. There are laws against that. I read that on the internet

Last nights episode said that the alphabet boy were there investigating as a result of season 1. Could be real but probably several years in the making since they have popcorn on there. It's entertaining for sure but legality is what it is. All I can say is if they are real they must be getting paid well for it.

I wish all these shows would go the hell away, the history channel is doing to history what mtv did to music. All these shows are bad and you people watching them should feel bad

+1

This is filmed only a few minutes away from where I live.
I know people that know them personally.
The guys on the show "supposedly" aren't really making moonshine.
However, they've pissed alot of people off from last season's shows.
The helicopters filming found alot of real stills... and reported them.
No way would I want to be the guys on the show, not if you knew how folks here have taken it.

Last nights episode said that the alphabet boy were there investigating as a result of season 1. Could be real but probably several years in the making since they have popcorn on there. It's entertaining for sure but legality is what it is. All I can say is if they are real they must be getting paid well for it.

Paid well, that's an understatement.
About 10 or 12 years ago a guy was busted for making moonshine in Franklin county. At the time a gallon was $15 to $25.
The stil and storage was in a hidden concrete basement under his barn.
When they busted him, he had 25,000 gallons down there...and that's only what they caught him with!
Big money!

I wish all these shows would go the hell away, the history channel is doing to history what mtv did to music. All these shows are bad and you people watching them should feel bad

It IS history.
Watch Mike Rowe on "How booze built America":beerchug:

+1

This is filmed only a few minutes away from where I live.
I know people that know them personally.
The guys on the show "supposedly" aren't really making moonshine.
However, they've pissed alot of people off from last season's shows.
The helicopters filming found alot of real stills... and reported them.
No way would I want to be the guys on the show, not if you knew how folks here have taken it.
yea thats a good point. bringing attention to illegal activities doesnt normally sit well with other criminals.

but, from watching the show it seems like there is maybe 3 cops:whistle: that cover the entire state that enforce mooshining laws so if these guys are directing LE efforts towards them vs. the other moonshiners then thats probably a good thing for the other criminals cause the show is only taping these guys who want to be on TV which are the guys on the show.

there is nothing illegal about essentially doing a documentary on illegal activity. NATGEO does it all the time but most ppl would not want to be on TV to expose themselves. LE there know these guys have been making shine for their whole life. its no secret to anyone and im sure the show pays them well to be recorded.

Its "Reality" tv................ doesnt mean that it is acutally "Real". Just like that pathetic excuse for an outlaw bike show the devils ride....:laugh: 1 of those "actors" was out riding around pretending to be an outlaw biker and well he ran into some Real Outlaw Bikers :snap: needless to say they relieved him of his cut and sent him on his way with a few bumps n bruises. He went and presses charges with the police, now does that sound like an outlaw to you.....:whistle:

needless to say they relieved him of his cut and sent him on his way with a few bumps n bruises. He went and presses charges with the police, now does that sound like an outlaw to you.....:whistle:
sounds like a 99%er.....:whistle::oldcool:

yea thats a good point. bringing attention to illegal activities doesnt normally sit well with other criminals.

but, from watching the show it seems like there is maybe 3 cops:whistle: that cover the entire state that enforce mooshining laws so if these guys are directing LE efforts towards them vs. the other moonshiners then thats probably a good thing for the other criminals cause the show is only taping these guys who want to be on TV which are the guys on the show.

there is nothing illegal about essentially doing a documentary on illegal activity. NATGEO does it all the time but most ppl would not want to be on TV to expose themselves. LE there know these guys have been making shine for their whole life. its no secret to anyone and im sure the show pays them well to be recorded.

Tim on the show is good friends with local LEO.
Good ole boy network:laugh:

And I only live a few minutes from SixPack :laugh:

From what I understand the "star" of the show used to run but agreed to make the show "legally" getting paid to document what he knows.

Who knows, lots of publicity stunts nowadays

And I only live a few minutes from SixPack :laugh:

From what I understand the "star" of the show used to run but agreed to make the show "legally" getting paid to document what he knows.

Who knows, lots of publicity stunts nowadays

Yep, but that wasn't water flowin' outta that stil:laugh:
I can getcha in the viscinity in about 15 minutes if ya need a jar too. Crime Inc:laugh:

Back