Mods to go faster..

What's to be confused about? I'm not here to teach anybody a lesson, I am here to make my bike quicker. I am a 250 lb rider, and it's clear that my weight seems to be the biggest issue. Losing weight won't help, I am 6'9 tall and if I lose weight I will look like a stick. So I simply want to mod my bike to at LEAST keep up with the liter bikes
sorry dude read the wrong post

What's to be confused about? I'm not here to teach anybody a lesson, I am here to make my bike quicker. I am a 250 lb rider, and it's clear that my weight seems to be the biggest issue. Losing weight won't help, I am 6'9 tall and if I lose weight I will look like a stick. So I simply want to mod my bike to at LEAST keep up with the liter bikes

You need more practice......how can you not go WOT in 1st gear with your size/weight??!??

Have you adjusted the suspension for your weight??

I myself have an 09 gsxr 1000 and my buddy has a 08 cbr1000. Both are fast and light as he11. When you race allways race from a dig. You will get them every time if you can launch. These 1000 are so light they have a hard time keeping the front tire down while you take off. Letting them start from second gear your giving them the race.

A race that begins from a rolling start isn't a race. That's why Formula 1 still has standing starts.
Save your money and tell that guy to line his bike up and go from a dead stop. Then see what happens.

If he can't keep the front down he will still lose. I have run a Gixxer 1k and an R1. Gixxer from a dig and the R1 from 30mph roll on. By the end of 2nd gear it was ugly for both.

Get up on the tank as much as possible. She is gonna carry the front tire no matter what but if it starts to come up too much barely and lightly tap the rear brake. It will settle the front and you can stay wot.

Posted at 150 mph via Tapatalk

But we can't line up on the hwy :whistle:

"A race that begins from a rolling start isn't a race. That's why Formula 1 still has standing starts.
Save your money and tell that guy to line his bike up and go from a dead stop. Then see what happens."

If he can't keep the front down he will still lose. I have run a Gixxer 1k and an R1. Gixxer from a dig and the R1 from 30mph roll on. By the end of 2nd gear it was ugly for both.

Get up on the tank as much as possible. She is gonna carry the front tire no matter what but if it starts to come up too much barely and lightly tap the rear brake. It will settle the front and you can stay wot.

Never thought about tapping the rear brake. I will race him from a dig and see what happens

Any other recommendation from racing from a dig to get the best 1/8 time possible? What rpms do you guys launch from? Do you all slip the clutch to keep the revs as high as possible when launching from a dig?

Yes slip the clutch out of the hole. Get to wot as soon as possible and keep it there. Get proficient at clutchless shifting. You may want to practice with your left foot on peg at the go to help with the 1st to 2nd shift. Especially if you gear it that shift comes quick.
Practice practice practice
No better mod than rider skill and seat time is the only way to get that.

Beat by a 1000? A yamadawg also? WTF? I dont know what kind of race you were doing but having my 09 with just an Akrapovic OEM air filter and no fuel injection edit I walk all over gixxer 1000's on roll on's and I weigh around 240lbs. I dont think your busa is going full throttle or you have a flat tire.
On the Dragon I ran with a ZX10 thru the twisties and could roll past him coming out on straight aways.

You need more practice......how can you not go WOT in 1st gear with your size/weight??!??

Have you adjusted the suspension for your weight??

I am also 6ft 7 and weighing 240. I cant go WOT till in 3rd unless the tire is cold then it will just carry the tire about 4" while I get wheel spin. Yes, My preloads and springs are adjusted to my weight. I have found that taking spring pressure off the rear helps a little with the front end lifts during WOT roll on's in 1st and 2nd.

Get up on the tank as much as possible. She is gonna carry the front tire no matter what but if it starts to come up too much barely and lightly tap the rear brake. It will settle the front and you can stay wot. Posted at 150 mph via Tapatalk

Tapping the rear brake to keep the front end down at WOT is BS!!! Just tried it on the way home and had to let out of the gas before a flip over! DONT TRY THIS.

Tapping the rear brake to keep the front end down at WOT is BS!!! Just tried it on the way home and had to let out of the gas before a flip over! DONT TRY THIS.

Been doing it for years. Various liter bikes and the 2 Busas I have had. Maybe you need to learn how to ride a high performance bike as well. Maybe you just need to ride a Harley :dunno:
:laugh:

Been doing it for years. Various liter bikes and the 2 Busas I have had. Maybe you need to learn how to ride a high performance bike as well. Maybe you just need to ride a Harley :dunno:
:laugh:

Yeah thats probably what it is.. Or maybe I need to put my dump truck mufflers back on like yours to weigh it down, think that extra weight over the rear tire will help the back brake solution to wheelies?:poke:

Yeah thats probably what it is.. Or maybe I need to put my dump truck mufflers back on like yours to weigh it down, think that extra weight over the rear tire will help the back brake solution to wheelies?:poke:

My reply to you was done jokingly. But since you want to make it personal.....
Thank you for making my argument for me.
#1- my Dump truck mufflers are long gone.
#2- any extra weight on the back would only help the front come up easier
#3- if you knew how to ride and/or anything about the physics of a motorcycle we would not be having this conversation

:poke: back

My reply to you was done jokingly. But since you want to make it personal.....
Thank you for making my argument for me.
#1- my Dump truck mufflers are long gone.
#2- any extra weight on the back would only help the front come up easier
#3- if you knew how to ride and/or anything about the physics of a motorcycle we would not be having this conversation

:poke: back

No sense of arguing or proving my abilities or talents on a motorcycle. 2 track championships, an IDBA World Finals #1 Qaulifier and Winner, numerous winnings of Dash for Cash meets and to many trophies to count.
You win mr back brake wheelie preventer, wear it out. :beerchug:

Back