need the basic go fast mods. The quick ones

OB_BusaTim

Registered
Bought a 99 this week, Took it to the track and found out it needs a few things. I ordered the clutch fix from carpenter and the BDE lowering links and the front strap. I also ordered a 44 tooth back sprocket. I need info on the little things like what pipe to get, looking at a Micron. I am not new to drag racing, have a Turbo Bandit 1200, 1260cc 86 1150E and a 1216cc 90 GSXR 1100 that is also black and silver. I went to a race in Hunstville sunday and could only muster a 6.64 1/8 mile. The clutch was horrible. Can you modify the airbox? Is there any other small stuff you can do. I want to keep this one a ride anywhere street bike but keep it quick.

Tim if you decide to go with a micron do get the larger X series can....it has a race baffle and is designed for more peak HP ....it looks much better also..

Thanks for the info, i almost ordered a Micron today. I listened to a 13 with a yosh. pipe and it sounded o.k. One of my friends owns a speed shop and can get the yosh. pipe for $375. The micron that he priced was $479. But i dont think it was the X series. Do you have to have the power commander to run a pipe or will the bike adjust it's self like the old Kaw. GPZ 1100's did? I should have the bike lowered and the clutch fix in by the time we go to the drag strip thursday. My GSXR 1100 has the race only pipe but it is a four into one and the Yosh RS-3 race is a 4 into 2 into 1. They don't sound as good. What about the Hindle or the Force pipe? Any info would help.

I ran a 10.06 at 140 mph on my Busa with the bike stock.I weigh 230lbs.I launch at 4000 rpm while slidding the clutch.Rear tire pressure should be 10 to 12 psi.

O.K. Got the lowering links and straps yesterday. so it's low now. Sprocket had to be cut so i wont get it for a week. I looked at a junk 94 GSXR 750 i have and noticed that the front forks were the same diameter as the 13's. I took the bars off of the 750 and the bar plate off of the 13. Then slid the forks down in the triple tree's and put the 750 bars on the fork tubes sticking up.It allowed the front to be lowered 2" but i could go until the fender hit the faring. And it looks good. The bars are higher than stock and the front is low. All the 13's controls went right on the 750 bars. IT is a cheap fix that looks good. I have narrowed the pipe selection to race yosh. or the micron X series. Any more E.T. improvement tips will help.

You will definetly need to remap with the x series. Bob has done the most research and mapping concerning the micron. Maybe he will jump in and help. If you have not read earlier post the new chromed stainless can in the x series is a great looking can.

I think Frank Adams is running the Ti Force the last I heard and had only good things to say. Good HP gains & 1st rate fit & finish. You can look up Motorhead for airbox mods in search. He seems to be the airbox god and has invested a lot of time in R&D. Was selling an airbox already cut with an exchange. He's making good HP with stock pipes! When lowering front, be careful to leave enought room for suspension travel. Clutch should make a difference. Jack

Tim go to labusa`s ...Bob posted some good pics a few weeks ago showing the x can...he also showed a standad can for comparison....his is carbon and looks good also.....

I ordered the Yosh. race only pipe and the power commander II. My goal is to run 6.20's with this bike in the 1/8 mile and still be able to go places. I don't want it to end up like my 90 GSXR 1100. It started out "just a few improvements" Now it has had so much done to it i could not ever get my money out of it and it sit's in the basement, has to be pulled to the track. I want a nice smooth streetbike. I looked at the Micron website and they don't show the X series. Where might i get one? I am going to call and put the Yosh on hold for a day or two untill i find more out about the Micron pipe

BusaTim,

Where exactly in Huntsville are these races? I arrive in Huntsville on Sundays (for work) at 2030hours and could use a change of scenery before returning to Atlanta early Monday morning. I'm at the airport on the west side of town.

ps. for general info, PITBULL STANDS is in Huntsville as well.

byhalia

Go by the space center and get off on Jordan lane. Go back to your left on Jordan lane and follow it out for several miles. I don't remember the road you turn on to but there is a sign that says "Huntsville dragway" We go there some they have a couple of bike programs during the summer. We mostly go to Aberdeen Miss. The track there only runs bikes on Sundays and they have several classes, heads up run what you brung to street E.T., lot's of fun. I have the Carpenter Clutch mod. now

On my E.T. times... I have been drag racing for a long time. In the 1/8 mile launch is everything. After mastering the Turbo Bandit the 1300 is a dream to launch. Anybody that has ridden a Turbo bike knows they are a handfull. The Bandit's more powerful. The 86 1150 is oldschool. and i am tired of the 90 GSXR(owned for ten years) but looks cool beside the 1300, they are both black and silver (charcoal). I just like the way the 1300 looks and feels on the road. I want it to be fast but be able to ride it anywhere.

Back