Mods to go faster..

No sense of arguing or proving my abilities or talents on a motorcycle. 2 track championships, an IDBA World Finals #1 Qaulifier and Winner, numerous winnings of Dash for Cash meets and to many trophies to count.
You win mr back brake wheelie preventer, wear it out. :beerchug:

Well Mr IDBA yada yada yada,

I guess no one ever wins one of the armchair interweb squabbles so let's call it a draw.
Sincerely,
Mr I can got WOT in any gear

Posted at 150 mph via Tapatalk

Well trying to get WOT through 1st and 2nd I have been brain storming. I didnt have no luck with the back brake, so I thought I would launch in B mode and go WOT through 1ST and when shifting into 2nd hit mode selector back into A mode with my thumb.
This worked great!! I was about to launch go WOT all the way up to 11K clutchless shift into 2nd and go into A mode at the same time, the tire did spin when it went into A mode, pretty neat feeling, better then the 11 Oclock feeling! Try it works pretty good.

So you can't go WOT until 3rd gear? :rofl:

Unless you're on a Turbo/Big Bore bike, I'm done...

I am on a stock suspension 09 Busa with a 4-2-1 Akrapovic System. NO, WOT in 1st and 2nd on a track will cause it to stand straight up. If your isnt then sounds like your not tuned properly.

I am on a stock suspension 09 Busa with a 4-2-1 Akrapovic System. NO, WOT in 1st and 2nd on a track will cause it to stand straight up. If your isnt then sounds like your not tuned properly.

:rofl:

What MPH do you run at the track and your weight?

I've been keeping my mouth shut, but I've ridden a ton of Gen2 bikes. The most humorous comment here has been the stock wheelbase bike riding a wheelie and blowingthe tire away simultaneously. I've done it before, on a stretched soft tire bike(mine). But stock I get one or the other.

Stock wheelbase I see,
1. Skate the front tire and haul a$$.
2. Wheelie your tail off.
3. Spin and then hook.

But not wheelie and blow tire away.

Maybe it's in my clutch hand. Maybe not.

Anybody else here remember Sean from cali? That guy could get it done.

It was my first time out with the busa. Since it was a fun drags night they dont prep the track at all which resulted in a lot of half track burnouts, but it was a lot of fun. And I cant wait to get back out there. So far I have lowered it, and put brocks exhaust and tune in it. I cant believe the mph it was pulling, I was 245lbs suited last night and it still managed to pull high 152's:thumbsup:

My best pass was a 9.49 @ 152.something with a 1.56 60'. But im gonna need to loose some weight and learn how to ride this thing.

I just hate seeing people spending money on all these mods when they don't need it. If you aren't maximizing what you have, you are only going to make more mistakes when you add more power... :(

I just hate seeing people spending money on all these mods when they don't need it. If you aren't maximizing what you have, you are only going to make more mistakes when you add more power... :(

You just covered 98% of owner/riders. Myself included.

from my dunce stool via tapatalk

literbikes are no joke! adding more power necessarily isn't the best option here as we all know the busa has plenty of power coming out of a stock engine. more power will not do any good if your suspension isn't properly set up. gearing it will make a difference but id consider a lowering strap to hold the front down, good luck and dont be afraid to twist that throttle! :beerchug:

Beat by a 1000? A yamadawg also? WTF? I dont know what kind of race you were doing but having my 09 with just an Akrapovic OEM air filter and no fuel injection edit I walk all over gixxer 1000's on roll on's and I weigh around 240lbs. I dont think your busa is going full throttle or you have a flat tire.
On the Dragon I ran with a ZX10 thru the twisties and could roll past him coming out on straight aways.

You are spending to much time with the "Novice" class in order to improve your self confidence. You need to come out and play with the big boys and you'll get spanked like a little school girl on corner exits, corner entries, brakes as well as mid corner apexs!

I am also 6ft 7 and weighing 240. I cant go WOT till in 3rd unless the tire is cold then it will just carry the tire about 4" while I get wheel spin. Yes, My preloads and springs are adjusted to my weight. I have found that taking spring pressure off the rear helps a little with the front end lifts during WOT roll on's in 1st and 2nd.

You CANNOT take spring pressure off the rear spring with preload. That's not the way it works!

Tapping the rear brake to keep the front end down at WOT is BS!!! Just tried it on the way home and had to let out of the gas before a flip over! DONT TRY THIS.

Really? Every seasoned road racer on a liter bike I know uses the rear brake to hold the front down on corner exits. It is however a "Learned Skill" that apparently you have yet to master. And just to help you shorten the learning curve, you don't "Tap" the rear brake, you gently apply slight pressure as you roll the throttle on. It works quite well. I'm sure with seat time and practice you'll get the hang of it!

No sense of arguing or proving my abilities or talents on a motorcycle. 2 track championships, an IDBA World Finals #1 Qaulifier and Winner, numerous winnings of Dash for Cash meets and to many trophies to count. You win mr back brake wheelie preventer, wear it out. :beerchug:

A wise man once told me "The only reason a man toots his own whistle is because no one else will toot it for him"! :beerchug:

Easing on the rear brake will most certainly lower the front, or keep it from lifting anymore.
I ride alot of wheelies in 1st through 3rd and though I seldom use the rear brake, it works well when needed for a save, or just to slow down in general while staying in the balance point.
I also have a MX background, and easing or tapping the rear brake in the air will lower your front end too, and it's the same effect.
Practice it before you write it off.:beerchug:

Back