Mode switch?

Rapstar

Registered
New mode switch...com'on, whos really gonna use it? and why would you? I'm not buying a busa to tame it.I want 100% performance all the time! but thats me.
beerchug.gif

(DaCol. @ Sep. 03 2007,00:28)
(NightCrawler @ Sep. 02 2007,12:21) Kill some power when riding on wet roads.
And I though that's what your wrist and brain were for  
wink.gif
True. But I'd take the mode switch over the ZX-14's low power dip any day.
tounge.gif

I think it's a great feature and will be very helpful for people that plan to mod there bikes.

You could have three different computer settings at the flick of a switch.

For the N/A guys mode:
A) Pump Fuel
B) Race Gas
C) Nitrous

For the Turbo guys mode:
A) Pump Fuel low-boost
B) Pump Fuel Water/Alchy Injection
C) Race Gas high-boost

I think it will be a GREAT setup...
super.gif

I think there may be some ppl thank can use it effectively ie with mods, but the question I have is, like Da Col. said, "What have we been doing on wet roads for 8 years?"

Don

The ability to have 3 different settings is interesting, but won't that mean that if you mod the bike with aftermarket intake and exhaust, you will need to have three custom maps instead of 1, or else not use the lower two?

I kind of did a poor man's detuning in July, when I took my '04 to Mid-Ohio for 2 track days. My prior experience on that track had been disappointing, with that instant throttle response pushing me and that heavy bike through the numerous and often blind turns. So I re-installed my TRE, which slows the bike down a bit, but made it very manageable and enjoyable through the twisties. I had no trouble keeping up with the 600's through the turns.

Yes....you will have to map it for three different tunes.  It's no different than what people do now except you have to bring a lap-top and upload a tune everytime you change something or tweak for a race.  Now you may able to do it on the fly with the tunes already stored in the ECU depending how the computer is setup.

Hopefully it holds three sep tunes and doesn't just retard the timing/fuel, whatever on the basic map....to cut power....
sad.gif

Maybe there will be a secret trick with the switch like holding the horn button down with the hazards on while turning the switch to make it into a 1500
rock.gif

Well one could only hope.

Got-Busa,

I don't have much technical knowledge but your supposition that the B and C settings may be based on timing/fuel retardation makes sense to me because that's how GenI busa's are speed restricted. If so, wouldn't it also be logical that installing a TRE on a GenII busa would then make settings B and C identical to A?

The ABC switch does not have 3 different maps. It has 3 settings for the secondary butterflies. The same as the 07 1K.

DSCF0014.jpg

(Rapstar @ Sep. 02 2007,06:10) New mode switch...com'on, whos really gonna use it? and why would you? I'm not buying a busa to tame it.I want 100% performance all the time! but thats me.  
beerchug.gif
It would be nice to just have the option. I don't know if I would use it or not.

(Charlesbusa @ Sep. 15 2007,14:18) Its the beginning of forms of traction control on production bikes  
lurk.gif
You are correct. If you get the race ECM for the 1000 it turns the ABC switch into traction control.

i would like to see what the controlls feel like because if c is 60% power then how sluggish that would feel but i would also like to see what it does to the gas mileage for just cruising

(BlkDrgnZ28 @ Sep. 15 2007,22:59) i would like to see what the controlls feel like because if c is 60% power then how sluggish that would feel but i would also like to see what it does to the gas mileage for just cruising
Good point! might be a gas saver with C mode.

I forgot about this thread. Ya...the A/B/C does nothing with maps/ECU program so it sucks for what I had in mind....
sad.gif

Back