Mixed rubber

Mark1340

Registered
I need new rear tyre managed to get 3000miles out of my stock bridgestone on my k9 busa I am edging towards Dunlop sportsmart or roadsmart after reading good reports on these as in harder middles soft outsides for the twisties here in the uk. Was wondering should I replace both even though front stock bridgestone still has life in it.is it wise to mix would it upset handling?

I would recommend the Bridgestone Bt-016 harder center and soft edges :thumbsup:

Im running a Maxxis Supermaxx on the front and only recently put a BT-020 on the rear on my 99'

No problems whatsover with a mix & match. If you know the characteristics of your tyre ie- pros and cons in wet/dry etc etc then its quite easy to work the bike to the best of the tyres capabilites in relation to the conditions.

Safe riding dude

Personally, I dont like to mix tire compounds or brands. If switching brands, I buy two tires. I only buy a rear if it matches the front. Other mix and match with no issues, it is just my my preference.

mixing tires compounds doesn't hurt anything, racers do it all the time... medium rears with soft fronts. I doubt mixing brands hurts anything either. Especially on easy street miles.

good question, im in the same delima, but some how i got 4800 miles out of my bto15, i could probably make 5000 b4 change. i must not ride as hard as most people

I have a Q up front and just put on a Roadsmart on rear. All seems fine. Both are Dunlop, but different patten/rubber.

I just picked up Pilot Powers for mine.They were on close out in parts unlimited.I bought 1 front and 2 rears.Paid $100 a rear.Cant beat that.:thumbsup:

Got 9000 miles on my stock front tire and it's still on the bike. It's about time to change it and I've got a bt016 at the shop to put on it. Shinko on the rear but I don't really like it. I got 6000 out of the stock rear. No issues with mix match so far but I'm going back to bridgestone on the rear next time.

Back