Tire help ASAP

I run the Avon 46/49 great combo. the 49 is a little softer tire for the front but I wanted that for the twistiesand im able to do a front and back tire change together because they seem to wear out at the same rate with this combo..

If you got 9K miles out of the BT56 Rear!!
bowdown.gif
What's to decide?
argue.gif
You won't get that out of ANY OTHER tire. I'm good on tires and my OEM is about shot @ just over 3K. B12 Bandit i had got 8K out of the 009 Shinko rear!! So i'm thinkin???
all_coholic.gif

beerchug.gif

super.gif

(Busa Bill @ Sep. 16 2006,08:05) I run the Avon 46/49 great combo. the 49 is a little softer tire for the front but I wanted that for the twistiesand im able to do a front and back tire change together because they seem to wear out at the same rate with this combo..
Hey Busa Bill you got roads down there that need those sticky's? Any rides going on this week end, or???
rock.gif

I live in an area that has no twisty roads to speak of for at least 150 miles away and I commute back and forth to work in a straight line down the interstate so a race or extreme sport compound were not what I was looking for. I tryed the metzeler Z6's on my ZZR1200 and they worked great. I was going to go the same route with my busa but decided to go with the michelin pilot roads. Of course, everyone will tell you that they belong on sport touring bikes but if thats what you do then these tires work fine. If you want to replace your tires every 3k just because somebody else thinks you need race tires then by all means do it. If you commute and do a lot of highway then go with a good quality sport touring tire and get twice the miles

I have a Shinko 200 rear. I got it cause i race tha strip. But, i do not like it for tha street thing. Maybe tha size, or tha tire it self. But it feels unstable in turns on tha street.

Just over 6000 on stock tires. Maybe 1/3 good rubber left. Ill get close to 8000. No burn outs and quite a few good launches. 8 or 9 great limited tire slips. 1/2" chicken strips. -- see me--

Back