Tire help ASAP

hayabusa_83

Registered
i currently have a FLAT battlax 020 on the bus. my stock Bt056 lasted almost 9K miles, with numerous burnouts, top speed runs, and hard riding. ive even had the 014 on for a mere 3K miles b4 wearing down... w/o the burnouts etc.... my question is what should i look for my rubber purchase?! i dont want a soft compound... the harder the better, i need daily driver mileage not handling in twisties....bridgestone? avon? dunlop? help me out ASAP!
thanks...
ARCHETYPE~

9000k with burnouts....my stock didnt last 4k with no burnouts
bowdown.gif

I run the Avon Av45 and av 46. About 2800 miles now and no complaints wet or dry. Mostly commuting. No noticeable wear yet.

I paid around 130 I believe for the rear.
I paid around 110 for the front. Got it from Charles at Street & Track
beerchug.gif

My stock Battleaxe looked like this at 2900 miles.................

post_11_77568_post_6_55404_Dsc00405.jpg

I run the Avon 46/45 combo. My last rear tire I got 5500 miles out of. I changed it early because of the upcoming meet -n- greet. I could have probably gotten another 1500 to 2000 miles out of it. I ride aggressively here in NW Arkansas and the tire sticks well too.

Don

I also should add that when I switched to the Avon on the rear, I still had the stock Batax on the front. I didn't notice any bad handling at first, but as the front tire wore - the handling got worse. It was actually kind of squirrly in and out of turns. The more the front wore the worse it got. I then ordered a new Avon for the front and the handling difference was like night and day. I noticed immediately that the bike was easier to handle - it felt "lighter" somehow. So, if ya can, get them as a set............

cool.gif

Avon has a buy a rear Viper tire get a front for free promo going on now . Check their website for the details. Lasts untill Sept 30

I APPRECIATE THE INPUT..... I JUST RECENTLY PUT THE BATTLAX 020 SET ON THEN A FEW THOUSAND MILES LATER THE REAR GOT THE SCREW....the front only has maybe 2K miles on it.....but every1 around here says avon is garbage.... now im hearing the total opposite! like i said i mostly commute to and from work, with the occasional weekend ride... sometimes ill get on it in the straitaways....the av/46 good for commute and high speeds?
bowdown.gif

(mrninja9 @ Sep. 14 2006,15:57) i like my qualifiers i put on  but try maxxus  heard good reviews
same here the qualifiers feel good to me on the busa but don t have to many miles on em yet....not sure what kind of mileage i can expect though.......i did run a road-tec once and it lasted forever but felt terriable if the road got a little twistie....

9000 out of a stock tire, I really have a hard time believing that. No offense but I have 4600 on mine now and it is down to the wear bar right now. I have never done one burn out and most of the miles have been very easy. I know it is really hot down here in South MS, but that is a huge mileage difference. I am going with the Z6 next.

(JQBusa @ Sep. 15 2006,08:26) 9000 out of a stock tire, I really have a hard time believing that. No offense but I have 4600 on mine now and it is down to the wear bar right now. I have never done one burn out and most of the miles have been very easy. I know it is really hot down here in South MS, but that is a huge mileage difference. I am going with the Z6 next.

Oh I read the first post this time - yes 9000 miles on the stock tire.
rock.gif
I doubt it too....... My stock tire was WASTED at 3200 easy miles with no burnouts or drag racing.

love my avon av 45 / 46.
cool.gif

I have Continental Road Attacks on now and like them a lot. They are supposed to be a harder compound for long life while being just soft enough for good handling. Now, "good" doesn't mean knee-dragging track day-type riding, but spirited riding is no problem. They made a remarkable difference in the handling of the bike. Before, it had to be horsed into corners - with the RAs, it seemd to want to fall into them with very little rider input. They're attractively priced, too.

Ed

My 2 cents: I got 7500 out of my BT56 - bought another just to match the front and finish it out. I usually go two back to one front. Debating on the new Pilot dual compound or the Dunlop Qualifiers. Always ran Dunlop before the Busa. Have an 05 with 11200 miles. Lovin it!
super.gif

I'm on my 3rd set of OEM Battlax's... I've grinded hard parts and haven't had a slip once

For the milleage they give i think its a very decent tire

(guido4512 @ Sep. 15 2006,07:02)
(JQBusa @ Sep. 15 2006,08:26) 9000 out of a stock tire, I really have a hard time believing that. No offense but I have 4600 on mine now and it is down to the wear bar right now. I have never done one burn out and most of the miles have been very easy. I know it is really hot down here in South MS, but that is a huge mileage difference. I am going with the Z6 next.

Oh I read the first post this time - yes 9000 miles on the stock tire.
rock.gif
I doubt it too....... My stock tire was WASTED at 3200 easy miles with no burnouts or drag racing.

love my avon av 45 / 46.
cool.gif
well believe what you want many people i know, got pretty good mileage out of the 014 battlax, and i didnt! the 056 actually last almost 8K not 9K but still! it seem "workingman" got somewhere in the neighborhood of 7-8K too! obviously all tire arent the same exact thing! no one still responded to me question of how the AV/46 rear r on mileage AND top speed...!? lemme know...thanx again every1!
Archetype~

if you got 9k out of your stocker then you should go back to the same tire. i seriously doubt you'll get that much out of any of these other tires. unless you are doing track day stuff and draggin knees then the stocker is all youll need.

Back