Yet another Tire Q

MiwaRob

Registered
I am running Dunlop Qualifiers right now. and I love them, but maybe there is something better...

So I am considering the:

-Bridgestone Battlax BT-002 DOT Supersport/Race Radial
-Avon AV62 Viper Xtreme Radial
-Dunlop Sportmax GP (190/60!)

Which one would you guys pic? All the tires are around the same price except the Sportmax, but for 60 aspect ratio I'll pay more. I've heard good things about the Battlax but nothing about the AVON.

Get yourself the PP 2CT's Also search is your best friend not to mention you have to figure out what tires are best for your riding style.

Adam

Bridgestone Battlax BT-002 DOT Supersport/Race Radial
-This is a race tire. I don't recommend any race tires on the street. They are very hard to heat up. If you're not dragg'in knee, they'll cool down and stay cold on you.

Avon AV62 Viper Xtreme Radial
- I don't know enough about this tire to say anything.

Dunlop Sportmax GP (190/60!)
-This is a race tire. I don't recommend any race tires on the street. They are very hard to heat up. If you're not dragg'in knee, they'll cool down and stay cold on you.

I recommend a hybrid tire. I run the BT002RS, which is different than the BT002. Hybrid tires offer better warm-up than race tires, can take more heat than sport tires, and offer more grip than sport tires.

Other hybrid tires I'm aware are the PP2ct and CorsaIII.

Michelin Power Race PR3 compound
I absolutely love that tire. But...as Charles said...

And I would only use the power race along with tire warmers and only on the track.

Back