210 rear tire

hayabusa_83

Registered
i posted this a while ago, but couldnt find it again to reply... oh well, a local bike shop said i could upgrade to a 210 series tire, w/o problems. is this true? they recommended the metzler me880 210/50/17 any thoughts? i need a good high mileage tire, b/c im housing a battlax 014 200/50/17 now... but it wore out so fast, b/c of the soft compound i need some recommendations of a cheap, but good, HIGH mileage rubber...please respond!
Brian~

never seen or heard of this ever... The biggest tire that I am aware of that would fit on the stock rim was a 200 series tire... If you find out otherwise, I would love to see pics and hear about it...

CLoud

they swore they've done it to a customers bike b4, but im kinda "iffy" about it, lookin at my 200 now, it would be close...?!

A 210 would be very tight because a 200 is close. I wouldn't push it.

im gonna hafta agree with ya BS, your right,y risk it? cn u tell me a good HIGH mileage quality tire then?
Brian~
rock.gif

Theres no way, i have my 200 on and I would have to split a hair to get it between the chain and the tire.

I've read posts that guys who put on 210mm tires have tire and chain rub.

Any sport touring tire will get a lot more mileage than a sport tire.

people have recommmended the bridgestone 020... ive had nothing but BS rubber and am very satisfied with them. i need one VERY soon soplease respond with a very decent BS high "mileager"
thanks again...
Brian~

i understand that, but i need a type of tire. idont drag a knee on the twisties. i like to go fast (need a Z rated tire) and occasionally if a stupid rich ferrari guy revs on me i like to embarass him in front of his hot wife! any suggestions?

First, I have never used any of these tires.

If you want to stay with Bridgestone, BT020 is as hard as you can go with a z rating for top speed.

Dunlop makes a OED220 200/50/ZR17.

Metzler makes a Roadtec 190/50/zr17 & Mez4 190/50/zr17.

Michelin makes Macadam 100X 190/50/zr17 & Pilot Sport 190/50/zr17.

That should get ya started.

<!--EDIT|Charlesbusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1127769091 -->

yeah charles, ive always liked BS tires, and want a good sturdy high mileage rubber... the battlax014 i have on their now, wasgreat while it lasted, but eats away so fast in this FL heat, my top speed runs, a few street races,etc i was burnout crazy with my stock bt056 tire and still got like 7000 miles out of it... will i get that with the 020? in your opinion?!

yeah charles, ive always liked BS tires, and want a good sturdy high mileage rubber... the battlax014 i have on their now, wasgreat while it lasted, but eats away so fast in this FL heat, my top speed runs, a few street races,etc i was burnout crazy with my stock bt056 tire and still got like 7000 miles out of it... will i get that with the 020? in your opinion?!
Well I've never used BT020.

But they are supposed to be a harder compound than BT56.  So you should get more tread life out of BT020.

On the bridgestone website;
http://www.motorcycle-karttires.com/ click on tires tab

They describe bt56 as Ultra High Performance Sport.
And bt020 as Sport Touring.

That's how I am concluding that you'll get more tread life out of bt020 and still have the z speed rating.

<!--EDIT|Charlesbusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1128024690 -->

like i said i dont drag knees in the corners so i only need it for the high mileage and top speed Z rating! thanks again guys

like i said i dont drag knees in the corners so i only need it for the high mileage and top speed Z rating! thanks again guys
I had 020 before. They did last but will take longer to heat and are a lot LESS STICKY. Make sure you check the front tire pressure constantly if not it will start to feather. I hear you about needing a higher mileage tire I put 100 miles a day on mine. I found the HPX to be the best tire for me, unfortunately it has been discontinued. I am on 208's right now, only have a 1,000 miles on them but they are holding up well.

210 will hit the chain,high mileage tire would be the stock bridgestones.:;):

gunny, thot the dunlop 208 is practically like the 014, super soft??!?! along with the metz sportec m1? im still running my stock front tire, and its still in good condition... i need the 020 like i said, for daily drivin', a few street races, but mostly the top speed runs on lonely streets.... i think i want the 020... plus i need a rubber that will hold up a few burnouts w/o any tread loss...
smile.gif
i lit up that battlax 014 once for like 3 sec and lost hundreds of miles off of it...

Sorry for bringing an old thread to life. But am I reading this right? I can replace my stock 05' 190 tire with a 200 without any mods? That's a beautiful thing if it's true!

Sorry for bringing an old thread to life.  But am I reading this right?  I can replace my stock 05' 190 tire with a 200 without any mods?  That's a beautiful thing if it's true!
You are correct. I ran a 200 HPX for quite awhile. I now run a BT 14 200 and am loving it. It slips a little during hard striaght line acceleration but has never let me down in the turns.

Back