Missing title

this is a sample used in CA: http://www.dmv.ca.gov/forms/reg/reg135.pdf

At a minimum, save the ebay page(s) as proof of the transaction.

P.S. I sold my bike to another member here (Bigfisch) and it took several weeks to get the title transfer done. Nobody's fault...good thing he was patient and trusted me :)

Honestly, I was also getting ansy to get the bike titled in his name because he did not waste time riding the bike like he stole it :)

Last edited:
I think since he has your $ he is content and no longer in a hurry.
You on other hand rightfully so are eager.
It will happen I believe.
Also Ebay should have some sort of help to offer you since he sold it there.

If this guy is up to no good he could try to secure a loan against the title but of course he would still owe the money(in his name). But in theory they could repossess the bike.

Good luck... I don't think he is up to no good - just a little less motivated to get to the post office since he already got money in his pocket.

Another thought... I don't think he could use the title because its been altered when you signed in the buyer spot. So I don't even think he could use it to get a loan.

If this guy is up to no good he could try to secure a loan against the title but of course he would still owe the money(in his name). But in theory they could repossess the bike.

Good luck... I don't think he is up to no good - just a little less motivated to get to the post office since he already got money in his pocket.

I was thinking about the repo as well, but I dont keep it at my house so im safe with that.

I just want a quick text or call saying "I shipped it" or "shipping soon". Thats all I want. Bugs me when I dont get any reply.

ack, day 3 and still no answer or call back. Someone want to call him from another state to see if he answers or returns a call? PM me if you could do that.

Went to Vmail. No answer.
I left no mssg.
I am good on the phone and believe me I can call and leave a mssg from
the law offices of Franklin, Templeton, Wilson and Howe stating we are representing clients Listed as Ebay and Ben regarding title status.
'If this call is not returned within 48hrs case will be filed in a court of law'

Used to work when folks owed us things at the dealership.
Gotta rattle em up a bit !

I'll try again later for you.

I left no mssg.
the law offices of Franklin, Templeton, Wilson and Howe stating we are representing clients Listed as Ebay and Ben regarding title status.
'If this call is not returned within 48hrs case will be filed in a court of law'

Hah, thats to good. I appreciate the call. Hopefully I'll hear from him before you have to make another attempt.

I left no mssg.

I once wrote a joke letter and used the company "Dewey, Cheatham & Howe" :rofl:

Back