mirrors

jch364

Registered
Ok. here is the deal. I really don't like the stock mirrors. I would like to replace them with a set of nice looking chrome mirrors. I dont want them to be chromed stock version. something different and useful. not pigspotters. Dont like them. I ordered a set off ebay from jag somethin or other and of course they dont fit correctly so im going to send them back and hopefully get some of my money back. Having the hardest time finding a place that makes a really nice set of chrome mirrors that are nice and actually work. so how about it. I know some of you out there have done yours so any suggestions would be great. Since its too cold to ride im spending money on mods intead of gas. go figure
laugh.gif

EBay seller jagmotorcycle?

Please oh please tell me these weren't the ones that don't fit. I planed on getting these in the VERY near future.

mchrchrgsxrinst.jpg

this is the one. a look at the base doesn't give the details but you cant secure it against the plastics with the design and you cant tighten the screws down because they fit in a slot that you cant see and there isn't enough room to get a tool in there to tighten it. great idea bad design. no way to know this by looking at it though. plus i gotta pay a 10% restock fee? for what? a bad design?

oh and yea i guess search would have been a good idea. sorry its really late and i wasnt thinking....

Now you got me wondering. All of his pics are shown with a gixxer. I wonder if any of his mirrors actually fit Busas.

Yea I know what you mean. He has a couple of other designs I like but I am hesitant. He has a really good rating considering the larger number of sales. If you look at some of the other mirrors, the mounts are different then the one I bought. I dont know. I think for mirrors at least I am going elsewhere.

I picked up some eagles beak from PPM customs. Love the look, but not really functional

DSC04278.JPG

Nightcrawler, don't worry...I bought the mirrors you have posted here in this thread from Jagmotorcycle. They fit perfectly...Only complaint is that they didn't come with any hardware to bolt them on, so I am using the stock hardware till I can find something better. If you want to see a pic of them, click here..

https://www.hayabusa.org/forums/?act=ST;f=6;t=87928

Nightcrawler, don't worry...I bought the mirrors you have posted here in this thread from Jagmotorcycle. They fit perfectly...Only complaint is that they didn't come with any hardware to bolt them on, so I am using the stock hardware till I can find something better. If you want to see a pic of them, click here..

https://www.hayabusa.org/forums/?act=ST;f=6;t=87928
Thanks for posting that. Good to see they fit properly. They (
and your bike) look darned good too.
thumb_up.gif

I like some of the other mirrors and some of the other items they have for sale. Is everyone who has used them been pretty satisfied with the service they have received?

Man I have gone thru about 3 different sets of chrome mirrors. I don't buy them unless I talk to someone who is sure they fit. but none of them look all that great or work great. I am now using the new version of the Pig Spotters. They look the best (low profile) but I have not been able to test the functionality very well. but they are convex (or concave) whichever gives you a really wide field of view. So I am thinking that they might work better than the others I have used. They also come with LED's which are kinda cool.

[Board2.jpg
Board1.jpg

My brother bother these from jagmotorcycle and they fit great.  They just did not come with chrom mounting hardware.  

IMG_0322.jpg

IMG_0321.jpg

IMG_0320.jpg
yup, tried these. They looked OK, but kind of wierd the way they hang down or stick up. but they did work pretty good and the quality is good. The problem I had was theat with time, one side will loosen up (where it attaches to the bike) because the wind will always be pushing against it. I cranked the crap out of it and it still loosened up. Then I tried lock tite and that didn't work.

I want to let everyone know about my experiance with jagmotorcycle. I did return the mirrors. They have not responded to repeated emails from me and have as yet not refunded my money. I know they received the mirrors cause I had a tracker put on it. They got them back in 2 days. I have no choice but to contact my credit card comp. and file the appropriate complaint. I will not do business with these people ever again. Burn me once shame on you, burn me twice shame on me. To bad cause they had several things I wanted to buy. Now Im not asking anyone to avoid them and I am sure that others would say they have had a good experience with them. Im sure thats true. They had a good ebay rating especially considering the large number of items that they have sold. So take this with a grain of salt and if nothing else just think about it if you are going to make a purchase with them. For me, my search continues for a trustworthy ebay store for busa chrome. Good luck all.
banghead.gif

Back