Mirrors ?

the other real big down side to bar end mirrors is u can't use a throttlemeister unless u only have only one mirror on the clutch side which imo is useless since most of my riding on the highway is in the left lane and if I want to go around a car I need a mirror on my right side not my left. and u can't see diick from them little mirrors anyway.

dude, just invest in some REAL mirrors and stop wasting ur time and money with a 2 inch mirror that ur gonna spend more time looking at trying to see whats behind you then it wud have takn to just turn ur head around.

havn one mirror means u only see half of wats behind you. that kinda defeats the purpose of havn mirrors...... better then nothn I agree but doesn't really address the issue of being able to actually see wats behind you.

ur safer off just turning ur head around then relying on them little useless mirrors. just my opinion and others disagree but I've used no mirrors, bar end mirrors and real mirrors and there just in NO comparing the 3. real mirrors are the only way to go. its ur LIFE that may be saved as a result. not somthn id really want to fuk around with cause I think I mite look cooler....:whistle:

My decision is made, the Oberon is on the way. IMO, spending $300.00 for carbon fiber mirrors is dumb.
The $200.00 I saved will go towards a bad ass exhaust system.

I still glance over my shoulder before changing lanes because there's a blind spot no matter what mirrors you have but have always done that regardless(ran with mirror block offs only for 7 years and am still alive to tell about it:laugh:).The only 3 reasons I even run a mirror at all now are because of all these azzhat Rossi wannabes out here racing around the canyons that come up behind you and pass you in your own lane,and to see if a cop is coming up behind me without having to turn my head and look behind me(which may get you pulled over,it's almost an admission of guilt even if you haven't done anything to get pulled over for:laugh:),and I need one to be legal(which I never really gave a shyt about anyway but it's just one less ticket to have to deal with).

Damn Brett,I thought Throttlemeisters were only for old dudes who just did a lot of touring...:whistle:

I still glance over my shoulder before changing lanes because there's a blind spot no matter what mirrors you have but have always done that regardless(ran with mirror block offs only for 7 years and am still alive to tell about it:laugh:).The only 3 reasons I even run a mirror at all now are because of all these azzhat Rossi wannabes out here racing around the canyons that come up behind you and pass you in your own lane,and to see if a cop is coming up behind me without having to turn my head and look behind me(which may get you pulled over,it's almost an admission of guilt even if you haven't done anything to get pulled over for:laugh:),and I need one to be legal(which I never really gave a shyt about anyway but it's just one less ticket to have to deal with).

Damn Brett,I thought Throttlemeisters were only for old dudes who just did a lot of touring...:whistle:

Yep, I'm only putting on a mirror to be compliant with the obtuse laws.

Great service from Oberon. I ordered late Monday (England time) and they arrived today.
Very nice quality.

I spoke too soon. I went to install today and they sent the wrong size bolt that goes into the bar on the mirror bar end.
They sent a 5mm instead of a 6mm. The matching bar end bolt is 6mm, but too long for a clean fit.
It's mind blowing that no one can get anything right anymore.:banghead:
Luckily NAPA had some bolts that will work.

:laugh:

They're a bit of a pain in the azz to get set just where you want them too.Best to just snug up the bar end bolt and the set screw so you can go out and get both rotated around 'til you're pretty satisfied(and/or take the Allen wrenches with you out on a ride),then pull out the mirror and set screw so you can firmly tighten down the bar end bolt/then go back to the mirror stem and set screw.I played around with mine for a while until I got it where I wanted it but now can see perfectly across several lanes behind me(the mirror optics are great).You'll still have to glance over before changing lanes if traffic is heavy because there is definitely a blind spot,but other than that I'm pretty satisfied with mine.You may also have to add several of the washers they sent to keep the bar end from crushing down too hard on the grip,but I think they're mostly for the throttle side so the bar end doesn't hamper the throttle from snapping back.

:laugh:

They're a bit of a pain in the azz to get set just where you want them too.Best to just snug up the bar end bolt and the set screw so you can go out and get both rotated around 'til you're pretty satisfied(and/or take the Allen wrenches with you out on a ride),then pull out the mirror and set screw so you can firmly tighten down the bar end bolt/then go back to the mirror stem and set screw.I played around with mine for a while until I got it where I wanted it but now can see perfectly across several lanes behind me(the mirror optics are great).You'll still have to glance over before changing lanes if traffic is heavy because there is definitely a blind spot,but other than that I'm pretty satisfied with mine.You may also have to add several of the washers they sent to keep the bar end from crushing down too hard on the grip,but I think they're mostly for the throttle side so the bar end doesn't hamper the throttle from snapping back.

I have the mirror pretty much dialed in, it looks great. The bike looks way better, and there's less turbulence
with those big mirrors gone.

Love the clean look. Oberon in black will be my next purchase for sure. I'm like most people I turn and look before I commit to the lane change or pass. Thanks busa brothers . I know what to order now.

Can't remember but just looked at my Oberon packing slip and I'd ordered the 60mm Bezel M6 Bolt (MIS-6026)set which fit our Heli-Bars.I ordered a pair and it was $144.95(US) total with shipping but found I really only needed one(though I am using both bar ends so they match,the Oberon bar ends are a little slimmer than the OEM).

Here are a couple of pics,mirror is not all that noticeable and with your hands on the grips while riding it's virtually invisible(unlike those big honkers sticking out of the fairings).

Oberon%20Mirror%206-5-2015%20003_zpsfxutzv81.jpg

Oberon%20Mirror%206-5-2015%20002_zpsbpeklq5s.jpg
These are what i have. They are very nice. Ive been a fan of bar rnds for some time. I find them to have GREATER functionality then the big stock mirrors. No shoulders in your view for one thing. The main thing that sets these bar ends from others is the ability to retain, even know not alot, bar end weight.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep i just looked at my email from them. I paid funnySymbol87. Which equals 140 bones (in US bones ofcourse)

Back