Mirrors ?

BadNasty08

Registered
I'm wanting either smaller more low profile mirrors or a bar end mirror.
I've done some looking with not much luck, what are the best choices?

Thanks for any recommendations.

Bar ends are very easy to see out of, and function much better than most any stalk mount or factory style mirror.
Myself and many prefer them. My eyes(Just ME personally) find and focus on the bar ends position much quicker than stalk mounts(I'm guessing because the bar ends are directly next to your hands. Your brain knows how to find the mirrors much faster, as they are next to your hands. As opposed to trying to find the stalk mount mirrors in a certain space/area, as your head could be in any countless postion in relation to them).
Bar ends also are far enough out to where they provide an excellent field of view.
You can get a cheap pair on ebay for less than $20.
That way you can see if you like them. If you do, a quality brand will usually hold adjustments better and have higher quality materials, including the mirror glass itself.
Oberon makes great bar end mirrors. You would be amazed at just how much and how clear you can see in a small round high quality mirror.
The last 2 and any future bikes of mine will have bar end mirrors. I like to be able to see the idiots behind me that are about to run me over.

Otherwise, GSXR1000 mirrors from an 01/02 are an improvement over the Busa's.
They sit out slightly wider than the Busa's.
The GSXR mirrors also have a better field of view.
Spacers are available too, so that the mirrors can sit out further. Which helps if you have trouble with your shoulders blocking your view in the mirrors.

Other than trying many different stalk mount mirrors to see which you prefer, for looks and function, the above are the only good choices for better function/visibility.

the above are the only good choices for better function/visibility.
ive used bar end mirrors and u can't see shiit out of them! their like 2 inches wide unless u get the really wide ones but then ur bike looks ridiculous and defeats the purpose of havn them! visibility certainly isn't gonna be improved. yea they function but so do pig spotters but they don't work worth a shiit either.

bar end mirrors just make no sense. ur better off with ur stock mirrors over those. the whole purpose of losing the stock mirrors is to make the bike look more stealth and aerodynamic. bar end mirrors do just the opposite. they now stick out further then ur stock mirrors did and they are also less aerodynamic now cause their out further then they were to begin with to catch the wind. and their noisy too!

the GSXR 1000 mirrors stick out too far and look goofy on a Busa. I tried several different mirrors over the years and the Magical racing ones are the only ones that make ur bike look more stealth and actually make it more aerodynamic. their the only functional ones I have ever found.

Thanks, those look pretty much perfect. Their other stuff looks awesome too.
their shiit is the real deal. takes a little while to ship cause like I said their hand made but they fit flush and look stealth! u get wat u pay for imo. their a legit company. I know several ppl who have ordered form them including myself and its worth the wait. their fenders are sweet to.

I be surprised if they weigh 10 oz. its REAL CF.

Bar ends are very easy to see out of, and function much better than most any stalk mount or factory style mirror.
Myself and many prefer them. My eyes(Just ME personally) find and focus on the bar ends position much quicker than stalk mounts(I'm guessing because the bar ends are directly next to your hands. Your brain knows how to find the mirrors much faster, as they are next to your hands. As opposed to trying to find the stalk mount mirrors in a certain space/area, as your head could be in any countless postion in relation to them).
Bar ends also are far enough out to where they provide an excellent field of view.
You can get a cheap pair on ebay for less than $20.
That way you can see if you like them. If you do, a quality brand will usually hold adjustments better and have higher quality materials, including the mirror glass itself.
Oberon makes great bar end mirrors. You would be amazed at just how much and how clear you can see in a small round high quality mirror.
The last 2 and any future bikes of mine will have bar end mirrors. I like to be able to see the idiots behind me that are about to run me over.

Otherwise, GSXR1000 mirrors from an 01/02 are an improvement over the Busa's.
They sit out slightly wider than the Busa's.
The GSXR mirrors also have a better field of view.
Spacers are available too, so that the mirrors can sit out further. Which helps if you have trouble with your shoulders blocking your view in the mirrors.

Other than trying many different stalk mount mirrors to see which you prefer, for looks and function, the above are the only good choices for better function/visibility.

Bought a pair of Oberon bar end mirrors a year ago and just run one on the left.Very high quality and can see everything coming up behind me.It's hardly even noticeable and looks way better than any of those big azz bug antennae mirrors protruding out of the fairings.:laugh:

Bought a pair of Oberon bar end mirrors a year ago and just run one on the left.Very high quality and can see everything coming up behind me.It's hardly even noticeable and looks way better than any of those big azz bug antennae mirrors protruding out of the fairings.:laugh:

I kind of like the idea of the bar end mirror to really clean up the bike, where did you buy the Oberon, and will it fit on my HeliBars?
Thanks

CRG Arrow . Or CRG lane spliter I have had both models on different bikes .

I chose the 60mm Streetfighter(the smaller of the two)and will fit right into the end of your Heli-Bars(also have them).Comes from the UK and mine only took about 4 days to get here,and has endless mounting positions,etc.(can have it facing up,down,out of the end,etc.).Works good enough that I can view all 3 lanes(on a 3 lane freeway:laugh:)behind me.You'll still have a small blind spot immediately to your left or right and will need to glance over your shoulder before making a lane change(I ran mirror block offs for the previous 8 years so got used to looking anyway).I'm not saying you'll be able to get the full field of vision as you would if running OEM's(always a trade off somewhere)but for me it's legal,looks good,and will let me know who or what's behind me.

Special_8mm_BMW_Kawasaki_Bar_End_Mirror

If I go with a bar end mirror, who has the nicest fill in (block) plates?

A lot of options/manufacturers there and most come in black,polished aluminum,chromed,or black plastic.I just chose black aluminum ones,don't remember the manufacturer but they're all pretty much the same.

I chose the 60mm Streetfighter(the smaller of the two)and will fit right into the end of your Heli-Bars(also have them).Comes from the UK and mine only took about 4 days to get here,and has endless mounting positions,etc.(can have it facing up,down,out of the end,etc.).Works good enough that I can view all 3 lanes(on a 3 lane freeway:laugh:)behind me.You'll still have a small blind spot immediately to your left or right and will need to glance over your shoulder before making a lane change(I ran mirror block offs for the previous 8 years so got used to looking anyway).I'm not saying you'll be able to get the full field of vision as you would if running OEM's(always a trade off somewhere)but for me it's legal,looks good,and will let me know who or what's behind me.

Special_8mm_BMW_Kawasaki_Bar_End_Mirror

A combo bar end & mirror, it doesn't get much easier than that!!
Thanks man !! Hey, are our HeliBars 7/8" or 1" ?

ive used bar end mirrors for a long time. they are fine to see out of. people that ride my bike also say they are better then they thought. i use CRG

A combo bar end & mirror, it doesn't get much easier than that!!
Thanks man !! Hey, are our HeliBars 7/8" or 1" ?

Can't remember but just looked at my Oberon packing slip and I'd ordered the 60mm Bezel M6 Bolt (MIS-6026)set which fit our Heli-Bars.I ordered a pair and it was $144.95(US) total with shipping but found I really only needed one(though I am using both bar ends so they match,the Oberon bar ends are a little slimmer than the OEM).

Here are a couple of pics,mirror is not all that noticeable and with your hands on the grips while riding it's virtually invisible(unlike those big honkers sticking out of the fairings).

Oberon%20Mirror%206-5-2015%20003_zpsfxutzv81.jpg

Oberon%20Mirror%206-5-2015%20002_zpsbpeklq5s.jpg

Thanks, I think they're 7/8". I've always liked being even, but I'm going with just one mirror.
The fairing looks super sleek without the mirrors.

Can't remember but just looked at my Oberon packing slip and I'd ordered the 60mm Bezel M6 Bolt (MIS-6026)set which fit our Heli-Bars.I ordered a pair and it was $144.95(US) total with shipping but found I really only needed one(though I am using both bar ends so they match,the Oberon bar ends are a little slimmer than the OEM).

Here are a couple of pics,mirror is not all that noticeable and with your hands on the grips while riding it's virtually invisible(unlike those big honkers sticking out of the fairings).

Oberon%20Mirror%206-5-2015%20003_zpsfxutzv81.jpg

Oberon%20Mirror%206-5-2015%20002_zpsbpeklq5s.jpg

This Mirror and a matching Bar End for the throttle side is on the way from merry old England !!

Thanks for your help Brother !! :thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:
You're gonna like it bro,not the same as having a big one on each side mounted to the fairing but play around with it a while and you'll get it set to where you'll be able to see pretty good.You can mount it on top,bottom,or out of the end(tried mine on the bottom but would just touch the tank at full left lock so have it out of the end now).

Back